kiwiflyer791

Latest Air NZ Upgrade.

Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:40 am

The next 747 (NBU) upgrade arrives in AKL Hangar this weekend. Air NZ management have kept this work in-house rather than out-sourcing this work.

Good sign for Air NZ Engineers that there may be a future for the ones that want to stay.

sunrisevalley

RE: Latest Air NZ Upgrade.

Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:10 am

To me, this looks like a tangible gesture of goodwill and opportunity for the NZ tradespeople. It appears they have been given the chance to get the job done in line with the business case they made to NZ management.

I have never been able to understand how SRI (sp) in Switzerland and Air Canada in Montreal , both in high cost countries can continue to successfully do considerable contract repair work and N.Z. can't. Now I know the AC union took a pretty severe "hair cut" during restructuring, still they have to be more expensive than the Hong Kong trades people.