kiwiflyer791

Latest Air NZ Upgrade.

Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:40 am

The next 747 (NBU) upgrade arrives in AKL Hangar this weekend. Air NZ management have kept this work in-house rather than out-sourcing this work.

Good sign for Air NZ Engineers that there may be a future for the ones that want to stay.

sunrisevalley

RE: Latest Air NZ Upgrade.

Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:10 am

To me, this looks like a tangible gesture of goodwill and opportunity for the NZ tradespeople. It appears they have been given the chance to get the job done in line with the business case they made to NZ management.

I have never been able to understand how SRI (sp) in Switzerland and Air Canada in Montreal , both in high cost countries can continue to successfully do considerable contract repair work and N.Z. can't. Now I know the AC union took a pretty severe "hair cut" during restructuring, still they have to be more expensive than the Hong Kong trades people.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos