Longest without a livery change

Sat Feb 13, 1999 11:32 am

Who can tell me which major airline has gone the longest without a livery change? I can think of American and KLM.

Markus

RE: Longest without a livery change

Sat Feb 13, 1999 11:39 am

Until last year I beleive it was Braathens S.A.F.E. in Norway. They hadn't changed their livery in 3+ decades.

Cheers,
Markus

Lindy

Sat Feb 13, 1999 10:02 pm

What about Iberia??

Rafal
BWIADCA - Nikon D100

Sun Feb 14, 1999 6:49 pm

what about aeroflot?

Mon Feb 15, 1999 11:36 pm

or Air France or Martinair ????

Tue Feb 16, 1999 2:14 am

How about Singapore Airlines?

Tue Feb 16, 1999 8:10 am

Delta had one running for a very long time. It's still seen very frequently too. It was introduced in the start of the 60's to usher in their DC-8 service. Its only recently that they started this new livery

RE: My results

Tue Feb 16, 1999 10:17 am

Thanks to those that responded to my question. By accessing the photo archives I can state the following: "Martinair" has had a change to "Martinair Holland" in the '80s. Aeroflot's scheme had been around a long time but they have just changed theirs last year. Iberia had a more plain scheme before '81. Air France had its present scheme since only '79 or so. It used to be just black letters on a white body. Braathens I was unable to research not being a major airline. Singapore Airlines has had its scheme a very long time but they have added a reddish stripe to the gold and black along the fuselage sometime in the late '80s or '90s. KLM, I found out, much to my chagrin, has had its present scheme of an all blue fuselage since only '77 or so. Before it was white and KLM letters were black. My suggestion of American Airlines has stood up against all other airlines I can think of. But "DC-10's" suggestion of Delta Airlines makes it a tie. For now. I can trace both liveries to '74. Anyone out there have the definitive answer for us?

RE: correction

Tue Feb 16, 1999 11:53 pm

Meant to say "from" Martinair Holland.