ASA_737
Topic Author

Good Flight Schools

Tue May 30, 2000 1:48 pm

I will be graduating soon from university with a degree in Communications. My ultimate goal is to be a commerical airline pilot. Can anyone recomend a good flight school to attend and any other info would be great!
Thanks

A330

RE: Good Flight Schools

Tue May 30, 2000 4:53 pm

In the UK: Cabair has the best reputation, most UK airlines, including now also BA send their cadets there.
Oxford is also good, BM trains their pilots at that place.

In the US: Flight Safety in Florida, watch out for a lot of dubious schools offering cheap courses, but no quality... I also think Comair has a good school, and Purdue (Purdue arrow&cadet might tell you more about it)

In the Netherlands: NLS (Nationale Luchtvaartschool), KLM (KLM School), EPST (training at Cabair and MCC-course at ATP-academy, they guarantee you an immediate entry into a UK Airline on Boeing or Airbus as FO!)

Belgium: SFA (Sabena Flight Academy, maybe the best of them all)
Shiek!

Wed May 31, 2000 12:10 am

Check Comair Aviation out, located in Sanford Florida. I visited their campus last February and will be attending either in September or October. I was very impressed with their professional attitude towards the training program. You will also have an oppertunity to be instructor @ the school and then possibly become a pilot for COMAIR, or any other regional airline in the country. After you graduate from the school, they guarantee you an interview with a regional airline.

PILOT2B

1-800-UCANFLY

JETPILOT

Wed May 31, 2000 3:10 am

Pilot 2B. I would rethink your plan to attend COMAIR. Their are better palces to do your training.

Wed May 31, 2000 4:53 am

Try the Airline Training Acadamy in Orlando, The train you like an airline pilot from the begining, have set agreements with Regional Airlines for Interviews. They even have there own airline with a Jetstrem 31 that you get time in.

http://www.flyhere.com

JETPILOT

Wed May 31, 2000 8:19 am

I looked at the Airline training Academy website. I can honestly say it is a joke.

Agreements with regionals for interviews? Any qualified pilot having those minimums is eligable for employment with these carriers.

Beware people offering anything other than good quality flight training. The jobs will come.

FlightSafety Academy is what you should be looking into.