gokmengs

Where To Book Intra China Flights?

Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:25 am

I will be travelling to china in march for business and I have to visit some factories in the city of Ningbo(NGB) I will book my flight to PEK or PVG from here(JFK) and thats no problem, but can anyone point me to a website where I can book flights for intra china travel, namely PVG-NGB? Thanks for the help
Gercekleri Tarih Yazar Tarihide Galatasaray

aeroweanie

RE: Where To Book Intra China Flights?

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:24 am

I just got back from three weeks in China. During that time, we made three flights within China. Each time, we went to a travel agent a few days before we wanted to fly somewhere and bought our tickets. In Kunming and Yangshou, we did the transaction in English, but in Lijiang, we needed the help of an interperter. This approach worked great. The only downside is that we had to pay cash. Luckily, each of these cities had ATMs that our cards worked in.

Show up for your flights early - they all pushed back 5-10 minutes early and one actually was airborne before the scheduled pushback time. Also, be wary of connecting flights - you usually can't just walk from your arrival gate to the departure gate. Instead, you have to claim your bags and check in all over again for the next flight.

flyboyaz

Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:05 am

I sent you a message...my friend is a travel agent and can help you if you want. You can contact me if you like.  

Oh duh...forgot the link to the site...sorry

http://www.beyondcruises.com

[Edited 2006-01-25 00:14:39]
Catch a ride on a smile!

OB1783P

Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:07 am

I've been very happy with

http://www.chinatravelservice.com/

They'll fix you on a Beijing-Ningbo with no problem.

Interestingly, they couldn't match what United was offering me for ORD-PEK, and they were very forthright about it. They got me what I wanted inside China, plane this way, train that way...

I recommend them, especially Vivian Bao, at the L.A. office (and I dealt with her from Pennsylvania).
I've flown thousands of miles and I can tell you it's a lot safer than crossing the street!

gokmengs

Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:00 am

Quoting AeroWeanie (Reply 1):

Quoting Flyboyaz (Reply 2):

Quoting OB1783P (Reply 3):

Thanks to all you guys for the help. I really appreciate it.
P.S.Now if these chinese airlines could get anything right! Their websites are just useless(for a non chinese speaker) so much potential and miserable execution just sad.
Gercekleri Tarih Yazar Tarihide Galatasaray