Checo77
Topic Author

May, June, July- No Tickets To Europe With KLM

Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:48 am

I will be returning to PRG (for ever) from SJO in May. I need to fly May 30 out of here. I called KLM and the lady told me: "Every single ticket is sold with KLM and Air France for dates around May/June/July. I can find you one ticket, but it costs $2200". What can I do? I already called CO and DL and they told me they are full as well. I really need to fly out of SJO on May 30, otherwise, I will live on the street. And I cannot afford a ticket that costs more than $1300. Help!!!
Thanks,
Adam
Czech Boeing lover living in Lima

airbazar

RE: May, June, July- No Tickets To Europe With KLM

Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:56 am

June is the World Cup in Germany, that's my guess why the flights are full or the airlines are holding back inventory.

IBERIA747

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:00 am

Why don't you try to call:

AA from SJO to MIA and from there to Europe
BA from MIA and from there to LHR/rest of Europe
IB from SJO/MEX/CCS to MAD and then OK to PRG
LH from MIA to FRA and from there to PRG...

There are lots of options to get from SJO to PRG although they mean having to fly in more than 1 airline to get to your final destination.
¡¡VIVA ESPAÑA!!

ARGinLON

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:08 am

That's revenue management my friend. Flying in the summer to Europe is like going to South America in late December.
What I would do? Wait a couple of months and If you don't find anything decent try to book something to UK or Germany and make yor own way from there.

IBERIA747

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:09 am

Quoting Airbazar (Reply 1):
June is the World Cup in Germany

OOOOhhh you're absolutely right!!. I had forgotten about this.  Smile
¡¡VIVA ESPAÑA!!

Coronado990

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:18 am

I show plenty of space on MP SJO-AMS on 30MAY in Sabre. Priced out at USD$707.53 o/w via MIA including tax booked in "S" class. Then Smartwings from there to PRG at USD$94.20 booked in "X" class. Tight 1hr 20min connection at AMS though. Good luck on that one.
Uncle SAN at your service!

Checo77
Topic Author

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:19 am

Never mind people. I just called again and they found me a place via MEX and AMS for $875. But my parents are in problems. They are flying here to SJO to stay here but no airline can find them a ticket back to PRG. Funny bussines this ticket bussines. So many options but so small chance to get to decent ticket.
Well, at least I am not going to be living in the streets of SJO. Thank KLM, thanks!!!

Quoting IBERIA747 (Reply 2):
Why don't you try to call:

AA from SJO to MIA and from there to Europe
BA from MIA and from there to LHR/rest of Europe
IB from SJO/MEX/CCS to MAD and then OK to PRG
LH from MIA to FRA and from there to PRG...

There are lots of options to get from SJO to PRG although they mean having to fly in more than 1 airline to get to your final destination.

I don´t think that is a option, because we are elite on FB (thus, flying SkyTeam). But I called IB and AA and no decent tickets too. Thank for you info, though.

Adam

[Edited 2006-01-24 22:20:25]
Czech Boeing lover living in Lima

BlueSky1976

Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:25 am

Quoting Checo77 (Reply 6):
But my parents are in problems. They are flying here to SJO to stay here but no airline can find them a ticket back to PRG. Funny bussines this ticket bussines. So many options but so small chance to get to decent ticket.

did you try Scandinavian, LOT, Austrian, Malev, Finnair, Lufthansa, Alitalia??? Do your parents speak English? Worst comes to worst, you could always try to have them go to London and from there try some European LCC to Prague, thought that would be the least convenient way...
POLAND IS UNDER DICTATORSHIP. PLEASE SUPPORT COMMITTEE FOR DEFENSE OF DEMOCRACY, K.O.D.

EddieDude

Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:08 am

I think OK places its code on AM's MEX-JFK services and AM does the same on OK's PRG-JFK. Try to get to MEX with TA or MX and then try to fly the AM/OK combo, although I guess it will not be cheap.

Another option I can think of is trying to get to Europe with LTU or UX from CUN.
Next flights: MEX-LAX AM 738, LAX-PVG DL 77L, SHA-PEK CA 789, PEK-PVG CA A332, PVG-ORD MU 77W, ORD-MEX AM 738