YYZ...Allow Me To Vent!

Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:20 pm

Ok, I work at YYZ and here is what I think...

Having travelled through a lot of European hubs, YYZ really is years behind. Transfering here is a joke, but its not all the GTAA fault...

Customs Canada...

The point of interlining baggage is to make everything as smooth as possible on transfers. If you only have 45 min in between flights then no prob off one plane, on another and on your way right?? WRONG
The fact that all passengers must claim luggage after there arrival, regardless of the destination that the bag has been tagged too, clear it with Canada Customs, place it on a transfer belt and then proceed to there next flight is a joke! Its amazing to see just how many bags are left behind because passengers just dont know, they would figure well my bags are going to YYC so i will get them in YYC...

So Im a passenger travelling to WAW-YEG via YYZ...hypathetically Air Canada and LOT are in the same terminal (which makes no sense why star alliance airlines are separated, but thats a whole other subject). So I arrive off my plane, and proceed into the Transit level at Terminal 3...now how the hell do I get to my gate?? Through the customs hall! I MUST CLEAR CUSTOMS FIRST! then go through security once again, get issued another boarding card, etc...

Bad Food...No Food...

Not a very important issue maybe, but pizza pizza and wolfgang puck hardly covers much.

ok, ill stop now, i feel better...kinda

RE: YYZ...Allow Me To Vent!

Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:01 pm

Yes, It is a shitty system, and you'll hear venting from numerous sources about YYZ and the GTAA. My home airport, YWG may be small, but I love it, from curbside to gate in less than 10 minutes is just lovely, and unfortunately an uncommon occurrence anymore.

Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:32 pm

Geez, tell me about it! I was in the new terminal just after it opened and I swear that if you follow the signs, you will end up right where you started it. Hopefully, that has been fixed....

Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:53 pm

Ricardo, I can feel your pain.... when I worked at YYZ, even employees
were confused.......