mlsrar

MKE Is The Midwest's Best

Wed May 31, 2000 1:58 am

Anyone care to challenge that MKE is the midwest's best airport...comparing cleanliness, location, friendliness, and expediency of airport operations.
I mean, for the right price I’ll fight a lion. - Mike Tyson

RE: MKE Is The Midwest's Best

Wed May 31, 2000 3:41 am

I agree with everything you stated....

Unfortunately, due to the state of Wisconsin's sitting on their hands and not giving MEH (or AirWis) a tax break, you won't see any more Midwest Express/Skyway growth there. The commitment on the new RJs and the "newly used" MD-80s that MEH has purchased will go to IND and/or MCI.

A real shame. Just when MKE was about to become the diamond in the rough (with room for expansion), the state kills a good thing.

mlsrar

RE: MKE Is The Midwest's Best

Wed May 31, 2000 4:26 am

is it official then, YX will be moving a chunk of their operations to IND?

I mean, for the right price I’ll fight a lion. - Mike Tyson

scutfarcus

Hope Not!

Wed May 31, 2000 8:03 am

As far as I know, the Tax break issue is not final, it has merely been postponed... but the longer this takes the more impatient Hoeksama (YX Ceo) will get, and the less likely a big expansion at MKE will be... most unfortunate!!!