aircanada014

Change Of Crew From B-C From A?

Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:41 am

Hello all.

I was wondering do airline change crews during connection flight that continues to the final destinations? for example QF LHR to SIN to SYD, AC YVR to HNL to SYD, NZ LHR to LAX to AKL? Those three example of flights are pretty long for pilots and flight attendants. Would they change or stay on the flight? I'm sorry if this was discussed because I couldn't find it. What I mean is are there fresh crews on either SIN to SYD, LAX to AKL and HNL to SYD? Reason is I wonder if they will do the same for crew change or no change for AC's new flight YYZ to LAX to SYD in half of 2007 will commence.

comments are appreciate please.

monkeyboi

RE: Change Of Crew From B-C From A?

Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:56 am

At BA you will nearly always have a change of crew on A-C via B. Eg LHR/SIN/SYD, LHR/SIN/MEL, LHR/BKK/SYD, LHR/GRU/EZE, LHR/GRU/GIG, LHR/NAS/GCM, LHR/NAS/PLS.

The only long-haul routes with a stop and no crew change are:
LHR/BAH/DOH and LHR/AUH/MCT.

I would say that YYZ-LAX-SYD will DEFINITELY have a crew change in LAX.

swissy

Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:08 am

Took the route YYZ-ZRH-DEL on 878/879 they changed the crew in ZRH, crew staid over night in ZRH and took over the next day to go on to DEL.

Cheers,

aircanada014

Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:38 am

Quoting Swissy (Reply 2):
Took the route YYZ-ZRH-DEL on 878/879 they changed the crew in ZRH, crew staid over night in ZRH and took over the next day to go on to DEL

How's the flight to DEL from YYZ?

swissy

Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:54 am

I actually was flying the YYZ-ZRH-YYZ sector,

I do not think that I could post my experience here at the a. net........ about
that flight, lets say it that way, I should have gone via FRA..........

Cheers,

Frontiercpt

Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:57 am

This summer, from LAX-BKK (and vice versa) on TG, the crew changed in KIX while we were herded through the transit lounge and the aircraft was cleaned and prepped for the continuation to BKK.
~Oliver~

BMED

Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:32 am

Air New Zealand change over crew at LAX and then a london based crew fly the aircraft to london. From LHR to flight is operated by a LHR crew who hand the flight over to a auckland based based crew.
Living the jetset life! No better way to be

BestWestern

Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:45 am

Quoting BMED (Reply 6):
Air New Zealand change over crew at LAX and then a london based crew fly the aircraft to london. From LHR to flight is operated by a LHR crew who hand the flight over to a auckland based based crew.

And very rarely do New Zealand based NZ cabin crew ever make it as far as Europe according to a Swedish NZ crew member I had the pleasure of talking to en route PPT RAR.
You are 100 times more likely to catch a cold on a flight than an average person!