blrsea

BA And AF Flights To BLR Full In March?

Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:36 am

I am trying to get quotes for travel on AF and BA SEA-BLR for mar 24th, and I was told that AF was full in economy, and BA is quoting very high rates, almost $1600. Are the flights really going full for both AF and BA to BLR?

Also on BA, the flight for 3/17 is almost $150 cheaper compared to that on Mar 24th. Why is there that big of a difference?

Thanks!

LH459

RE: BA And AF Flights To BLR Full In March?

Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:54 am

BA has much better availability on the 17th than on the 24th. The main issue on the 24th isn't the LHR-BLR flight, it's SEA-LHR which is sold out up to M class. As for AF, the problem is also on the transatlantic leg from CVG-CDG (which seems to be the only possible routing from SEA). If you can go on the 21st, AF has good availability. The availability on your return date also determines your fare, so you may have problems at that end as well (you didn't mention your return date).
"I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is temporary; the evil it does is permanent" - Ghandi

blrsea

Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:50 am

Quoting LH459 (Reply 1):
If you can go on the 21st, AF has good availability. The availability on your return date also determines your fare, so you may have problems at that end as well (you didn't mention your return date).

Thanks for the info. The return is on Apr 16th. I think for AF, there is also a possibility of JFK-LHR, right?

eyeonthesky17

Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:06 am

You can also check with a travel agent and see if they use consolidators. You're likely to find great fares through that channel.

blrsea

Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:19 am

Checked with the local travel agents and consolidators, and they gave me the quotes and availablity info.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos