neilalp

A&E Flight 93 On TV Monday

Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:22 pm

I've been hearing many ads on the radio about this so I thought I'd give a post to remind people.

A&E 9pm EST Monday Jan 30th
Flight 93 the movie

http://www.aetv.com/flight_93/

Frontiercpt

RE: A&E Flight 93 On TV Monday

Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:02 pm

Man, that preview of the daughter calling her mother made me cry, well, all three brought tears to my eyes, but that one in particular made my eyes run. I'm not too sure I would wanna watch it, just because I don't wanna get all depressed though. But the acting looks good, and it seems like they knew what they were doing when they were filming it.
~Oliver~

n484er

Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:03 pm

I remember seeing "The Flight That Fought Back," on the previous September 11 anniversary... is this more or less another version with updated information and research? A new interpretation?

"The Flight That Fought Back" was a wonderful tribute to those victims and heroes.

etops1

Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:08 am

i am gonna dvr this movie. just in-case i have to go to work and fly on monday. it looks good and very dramatic. it looks a little better than "the flt that fought back" even though it looks lke they did not use united airlines stuff. that f/a uniform is not united and the seats on that plane at the time were the grey with the colors on it. but who cares it's just showing you what happened on the flt.

cszulc

Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:42 am

What I really didn't like about this was that the lady was looking in the two phone books for 911. They were trying to make a real sad day into a comedy in that part.

ca2ohHP

Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:51 am

Quoting N484ER (Reply 2):
I remember seeing "The Flight That Fought Back," on the previous September 11 anniversary... is this more or less another version with updated information and research? A new interpretation?

This is more dramatic, and gets more involved in a number of the characters more thoroughly than "The flight that fought back."

Quoting Etops1 (Reply 3):
that f/a uniform is not united and the seats on that plane at the time were the grey with the colors on it.

Yeah it almost looked like it was filmed in Canada from the Westjet and Air Canada aircraft at the airports. It's amazing that it's 2006 and the movies still can't get it right. Like you said though, probably not much relevance to what was going on in the plane.

roseflyer

Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:53 am

Just so you know, the movie will be playing again tonight (Wednesday) on A&E. It is also scheduled to be played this weekend as well, so you can check your local listings.

Also for those of you that are interested, the showing of this movie on Monday was the most watched broadcast ever by A&E. They did a good job of showing the drama that people suffered. And it is a disturbing movie to watch since everyone knows what the ending will be like.

It certainly is not a high budget action thriller with ever detail correct (such as aviation ones especially because all United logos and products have been stripped from the film and only the name of United is used), but it still is quite a captavating portrayal of events that many people don't fully understand. I certainly didn't know about how it is believed to have occured.

[Edited 2006-02-02 03:13:05]
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!