TR763
Topic Author

Transbrasil Back To The Air In 2006

Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:10 am

Today I was reading the Brazilian magazine "Aero Magazine" and it is written, in a pretty short text, that Transbrasil wants to be in the market again in the coming months, associated with the Sinergy group, that owns the Brazilian Ocean Air and the traditional Colombian airline Avianca.
The story about the rainbow airline getting associated with Sinergy, is not new, but what called my attention was their intention to be flying in the coming months!
What do you think of it?
Do any of you have any news regarding the Transbrasil case?
I personally hope to see it flying again soon.

Rgs!
TR763
Picture by Justin Cederholm at MCO.

JJMNGR

RE: Transbrasil Back To The Air In 2006

Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:49 am

I really enjoyed TR very much but don´t see any chance of they get back in the air. These are only real intention but there are a lot of problems to be solved.

Beyond these things related to staff, salaries, Government, infrastructure, etc...there is on thing that to me is the worse. Credibility! They gone! As so as VP, Cruzeiro, Panair, Real, and some others...I donp´t believe this is going to be real.

I knew many TR people, specially from the time I was doing my pilot training and studies and at that time some colleagues of mine worked there on the B721!!! Great, great , great times....TR always got mi sympathy and will always have.

Cheers

ConcordeBoy

RE: Transbrasil Back To The Air In 2006

Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:00 am

K, let's assume for a minute that they're able to get back into the air with no legal/fiscal red tape...

...is their intention to be TransBrazil in name only (akin to the modern incarnation of PanAm), with similar color scheme but domestic/regional/LoCo operation? Or should we look forward to the rainbow 767s once again gracing this side of the equator?
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!