river747

Why Is PH-PRH At LCY

Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:01 am

This weekend I was at London City Airport, on friday morning and sunday evening. Both times an all white Fokker F50 PH-PRH was standing on a remote stand at the airport.

I think this one is owned by Denim Air, but it didn't look very active. Does anybody knows why it is standing at LCY?

mcr

RE: Why Is PH-PRH At LCY

Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:57 am

I have a good view of the approach to LCY from my desk here, and I haven't noticed a white F50 going in and out on any regular basis - but then perhaps I haven't been looking out the window at the right time.  Smile

Just a guess, but I wonder if it's a recent VLM aquisition? When I last flew with them (maybe six weeks ago) the in-flight mag said they were hoping to add more F50s to their collection (so far, they're a one-type airline). LCY is pretty much their hub, so if they were going to park it somewhere, City makes sense. They're already flying at least one ex-Denim F50 - PH-KXM.

This pic...

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/946078/M/

suggests it was flying for KLM Cityhopper as recently as October last year though, and was all-white at that time. Not sure why KLM wouldn't park it at AMS though.