malaysia

Question For US/HP Emps On NON-REV

Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:34 am

In the past I was aware that HP emps could opt to fly standby at no -charge on NW due to some partial ownership. but since HP bought US, would US emps get the same benefit to non-rev on NW at no charge like HP in the past?
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

Aggieflyboi04

RE: Question For US/HP Emps On NON-REV

Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:35 am

I haven't heard anything on the US side, the pass policy is still being worked out thought and little bits are coming out at a time.

malaysia

Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:37 am

Just hope US/HP dont start losing agreements due to its growing LCC image. normally LCCs cant hold on to agreements like Legacy carriers can, even if interlining is done.
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

luv2fly

Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:38 am

Quoting Malaysia (Thread starter):
In the past I was aware that HP emps could opt to fly standby at no -charge on NW due to some partial ownership. but since HP bought US, would US emps get the same benefit to non-rev on NW at no charge like HP in the past?

Partial ownership, now I honestly have never heard that one before.
You can cut the irony with a knife

toltommy

Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:00 am

Don't let NW employees know that HP employees has this privilege. NW employees don't even get it on their own airline. Annual fees and service charges are the name of the game.

tpk

Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:05 am

Officially, HP has a Zed (medium) agreement with NW. I don't think it's yet been communicated to employees if/how the OA agreements will change with the merger.

jetdeltamsy

Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:05 am

Quoting Malaysia (Reply 2):
Just hope US/HP dont start losing agreements due to its growing LCC image. normally LCCs cant hold on to agreements like Legacy carriers can, even if interlining is done.

I don't know about all LCC's, but Southwest offers non-rev (service charge) agreements to employees of almost any airline out there.
Tired of airline bankruptcies....EA/PA/TW and finally DL.

malaysia

Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:05 pm

Quoting TOLtommy (Reply 4):
Don't let NW employees know that HP employees has this privilege. NW employees don't even get it on their own airline. Annual fees and service charges are the name of the game.

I have actually done more than the actual employees of some airlines, it sometimes makes me feel guilty getting more freebies than them on their own carrier

Are you telling me NW people cannot go at no charge domestically in Y class?

I am noticing some bad bennies with even AA, wide open J class and many AA crew members were in Y class trans-pacific (mut have been some big service charge to touch J/F) , cause you know nobody can match DL where its no charge up front.

Bridogger6

Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:11 pm

Hmm.. working for HP I know of know such agreement where HP employees fly for free on NW. It's all ticketed as ZED fares.

malaysia

Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:14 pm

Must have been some old station agreement at LAS for HP then, not systemwide

OOer

Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:11 pm

Quoting Malaysia (Reply 7):
I am noticing some bad bennies with even AA, wide open J class and many AA crew members were in Y class trans-pacific (mut have been some big service charge to touch J/F) , cause you know nobody can match DL where its no charge up front.

Very true!

Even DLC carriers have the previledge to travel on DL all over the world for FREE! In J/F or in Y!!!!! Whereas most other carriers do charge their connection carriers...such as UA, it would cost me about $300 to go from DEN to FRA in F on UA, whereas on DL from SLC....it costs me $0!!!!!!!

HPRamper

Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:57 pm

Sounds like a station agreement.
Here at PDX our station agreements are mainly with the other LCC type airlines here. We fly free on Southwest and Frontier, as well as Alaska/Horizon and Skywest. We also have much more restricted agreements with Delta and Continental but these are worthless to most employees.

RDUDDJI

Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:01 pm

Quoting HPRamper (Reply 11):
Sounds like a station agreement.

Amen brother.
Sometimes we don't realize the good times when we're in them

FutureFO

Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:40 pm

Thats generally the case. Station agreements are great if you work the ramp or CS. Inflight and Flight we do not get the spoils of the station agreement. SO we have to purchase ID90/95's or ZED's.

Sean from MCO and SDF
I Don't know where I am anymore