hamad

UA 777 North America Configuration, What Is It?

Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 am

I know there was a thread about this topic earlier, but i have searched for it and never found any thing.

I recently booked a trip from PHX - IAD - DEN - PHX, and after i upgraded using the frequent flier miles i was curious about how the configuration on the UA 777 is. i found out 3 versions, two are international and one claimed to be north america. from where and to where does united use those 777's? and do they have the IFE on them? i would think at least united might have safety videos on those airplanes.
PHX - i miss spotting

FLYACYYZ

RE: UA 777 North America Configuration, What Is It?

Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:18 am

The domestic version of UA's 777 is equipped with 36 seats and has a 38" pitch. As domestic indicates, it would operate within the Continental US and Hawaii. The pitch in this aircraft is less than that of some airlines with business class seating (CO/AC).

UA's international version 777's are equipped with either 10 seats which operate predominantly to Japan, and 12 seats which operate to Europe. Both types have a 78" pitch (lie flat seats) and are United "Suite" seats.

As can happen domestically, periodically equipment substitution can occur, and I was lucky enough to get the Europe 777 between ORD & LAX. It was awesome.
Above and Beyond

jacobin777

RE: UA 777 North America Configuration, What Is It

Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:28 am

give www.seatguru.com a try.... Wink
"Up the Irons!"

Capt.Fantastic

Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:37 am

I believe the "domestic" 777 (two class) configurations are used primarily on Mainland - Hawaii routes. UA 777 I've flown: ORD-SFO, SFO-DEN, SFO-ORD have been all three class configurations. Unless you're going to HA, I think you'll get the three class config.

usflyer msp

Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:50 am

The simplest way to figure it out is seeing whether you upgraded to F or C. If its F, its domestic if its C, its international.

Currently all of the 777 IAD-DEN flights are internationally configured.

USFlyer MSP

UAalltheway

RE: UA 777 North America Configuration, What Is It

Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:27 pm

Quoting FLYACYYZ (Reply 1):
As can happen domestically, periodically equipment substitution can occur, and I was lucky enough to get the Europe 777 between ORD & LAX. It was awesome.

Well and not only "substitutions", but UA also scedules international 777s on many domestic routes wayyy in advance.

Quoting USFlyer MSP (Reply 4):
The simplest way to figure it out is seeing whether you upgraded to F or C. If its F, its domestic if its C, its international.

Exactly. If your reservation now shows "[Upgraded] United Business" it's 3-class, "United First" than 2-class. Of coruse if you're still unsure you can always call United and ask if you have a 2-cabin or 3-cabin aircraft.

hamad

Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:22 pm

well i knew since the begining that i am going to be on a 3 class airplane, because i have taken that trip so many times, but i just wondered because i never knew that there was a united 777 in a domestic configuration.

this leads to another question.

which is better? seats 8A or 11A? seat guru doesnt say much about either seats.
PHX - i miss spotting

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos