jmhLUV2fly

FL 737 Lands In PNS

Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:43 pm

I know this is not extradinary news to those who work at or regularly visit big airports, but in relatively small Pensacola, Florida it was nice to see a brand spanken new AirTran 737 come into PNS yesterday. We usually see regional jets, 717's and MD-88's here that's about all, so it was exciting.
From what I understand, the 37 that came in yesterday at 1500 was loaded with military personnel and 211 bags from LAX. It was the first time I witnessed the airplane from the ramp view. The type, with winglets, has an impressive wing span for a 140 (137 to be exact) seat airplane.
I was glad to see it and hope in time we PNS will see more.
Any thoughts..?
JMH

pensacolaguy

RE: FL 737 Lands In PNS

Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:07 pm

Quoting JmhLUV2fly (Thread starter):
relatively small Pensacola, Florida

OUCH! At least it didn't make the local news/paper.

I also noticed this yesterday.Inbound flight:FL423 Outbound:FL426
To bad no-one was able to take any pictures. (I was up in Century)
Also for the past few mouths their have been a few aircraft substitutions that differ from the regularly scheduled aircraft. For example:DL brought in a 738 to replace a MD88 flight. ATR-72 for a CR7 flight.

[Edited 2006-02-02 12:09:05]

jmhLUV2fly

RE: FL 737 Lands In PNS

Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:14 pm

Pensacolaguy:
From what I understand the DL 738 subsitution was unfortunately only to help with the Christmas rush, I was not working at the time the 37-8 came in,
it would be a nice change to see the type on a more regular basis. If only we can get some 57's to visit our neighborhood well be in good shape...yeah, I know on a hot day in the north pole, but its nice to contemplate....

Any other thoughts about Pensacola, Florida? I know someone must have some ideas to share...so share away.

JMH

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos