InTheSky74
Topic Author

JetBlue Increases Prices...

Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:18 am

I guess they wanted to remain "in line" with the rest of the air carriers in the USA....

As of 2/1/06, they raised the price of all beer, wine and liquor to $5. Up from $3 and $4 respectively.

They also changed from Amstel Light to Bud Light....

Rob

BigOrange

RE: JetBlue Increases Prices...

Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:47 am

Quoting InTheSky74 (Thread starter):
They also changed from Amstel Light to Bud Light....

So they changed from flavored water to tap water then  Wink

satx

Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:47 am

Anybody remember back when $5 got you JW Black? Now it gets you Dewars White on most airlines I fly.  crying 
Open Season on Consumer Protections is Just Around the Corner...

Azul320

Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:53 pm

Kudos on that one BigOrange! Now only if JB can increase their fares, some of those fares are rediculously low.
Excuse me, while I kiss the sky

Xkorpyoh

Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:23 pm

Jetblue is no longer a low fare carrier...the might be operating as a Low-Cost-Carrier , but everytime I check their fares, are normally higher than other airlines.. (or is it my bad luck?!?)

jetblueatjfk

Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:35 pm

Quoting Xkorpyoh (Reply 4):
Jetblue is no longer a low fare carrier...the might be operating as a Low-Cost-Carrier , but everytime I check their fares, are normally higher than other airlines.. (or is it my bad luck?!?)

It is a little bit of both. If you look early enough or at the right time you can get low prices but a lot of the time they come out high. See when they first post flights, they are since it is far away. Then when you get a little closer like 3/4 months away you can get low prices. Then it goes up a little and about 2 months away certain flights drop low again then when it is about a month away they go up. The JFK-BOS and BOS-IAD flights are different though since they are geared towards last minute travel more so than other routes, you can get some low flights about 3 weeks/2 weeks before and sometimes when you are only a couple days away they drop those flights.

airplane jetBlueAtJFK airplane 

akjetBlue

Sun Feb 05, 2006 3:25 am

Quoting Xkorpyoh (Reply 4):

Working the ticket counter and gate recently the ticket prices I've seen really have been ticking me off, $39 fares across the board it's rare if i see anything over $100-$150. Guess there is a reason we posted a loss. Sad

Sad to say but i was really counting on my profit-sharing check.  hissyfit 
Save a horse! Ride a Cowboy!