globetrotter

Perks: ID-90s

Thu Jun 01, 2000 4:01 am

My brother works for US, and I am green with envy for his non-rev status. He has mentioned ID-90's to me that allow non-revs from one airline to travel at steep discounts on other airlines. As he is a fairly new employee with US, he hasn't had the opportunity to use an ID-90 and doesn't know much about them. Can anyone out there give me a little more info about them? How they work? Which airlines participate? Sharing with family? Etc.? Thanks so much.

teahan

RE: Perks: ID-90s

Thu Jun 01, 2000 4:08 am

He should join the non rev club at http://www.delphi.com/nonrev/start/

Jeremiah Teahan
Goodbye SR-LX MD-11 / 6th of March 1991 to the 31st of October 2004

Fleet Service

Thu Jun 01, 2000 5:41 am

ID Stands for "Industry Discount" and is indicitive of how much of the fare is discounted, 90/75/25, ect.
Generally airlines set different limits on how they can be used.It depends on the carrier.
If you are jealous of your brothers travel bennies, get an airline job.
Yes, I actually *do* work for an airline,how about you?

Citation

Thu Jun 01, 2000 7:05 am

The ID-90 fare is calculated based on paying 10% of the full coach (Y) fare in the market you are flying. Each airline has agreements with other airlines. When you fly on another airline rather than your own, it is called "off line pass".

You are boarded after all revenue passengers, after "on-line" stand-by employees (those who work for the airline you are flying), and after the "on-line" stand-by passenger's family members. IE if there is a set left before they shut the door.

Thu Jun 01, 2000 8:01 am

ID90s are very useful for domestic US travel to smaller markets or if you don't have a Saturday night stay in your plans. Otherwise, I find that the cheap excursion fares offer confirmed seats at around the same price. I swear by ID90s internationally.

Purdue Arrow

Thu Jun 01, 2000 9:58 am

I use ID-90s semi-frequently for travelling from Purdue to Chicago on united Express (Great Lakes Aviation) because American/Eagle doesn't serve LAF. It's quicker and easier to fly from Purdue than to get to Indianapolis, and it costs about the same price. Other than that, the only ID-90 trip I have ever taken was LAX-HNL-SFO on United, and that was because AA flights were all full.

AmtrakGuy

Thu Jun 01, 2000 11:23 am

Well...too bad I can't get non-rev on any airlines...as you know, I work for Amtrak (choo choo).....too bad we can't do some cooperative or exchange agreements...maybe one day....who knows.

Dave

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos