Oykie

Lufhtansa Low-fare Strategy In HAM A Success

Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:16 pm

According to ATWonline the Lufthansa Low-fare model in HAM is a succsess.

Quote:
Lufthansa said that a new low-fare concept introduced in Hamburg last October is off to a successful start.The carrier discussed Program Hamburg with journalists Monday. The project is designed to achieve 20% higher productivity--resulting in lower production costs--and a capacity increase in Hamburg of 40%. Similar to low-cost airlines, LH offers 20% of its seats at fares starting from ?99 ($118.8) including taxes and serves 23 direct destinations from the city.

http://www.atwonline.com/news/story.html?storyID=3973

EDIT: Very interesting that they are also able to cut maintenance cost. Will this develop to all European flights as well?

[Edited 2006-02-08 10:20:24]
Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large, then go make that dream real - Donald Douglas

TriStar500

Lufhtansa Low-fare Strategy In HAM A Success

Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:45 pm

They are able to cut maintenance cost, because LH Technik is based at HAM, allowing them to rotate the aircraft through higher maintenance programs over night without having to revert to difficult W-patterns from other bases.

LH has launched a quite similar program at DUS, and it is expected that it will also be implemented at TXL and STR, with TXL having the problem of slot restrictions.
Homer: Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!

musapapaya

RE: Lufhtansa Low-fare Strategy In HAM A Success

Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:35 am

Congrats to LH for a successful start at HAM. I also like the idea of having all short haul continental machines to be all airbus. They seem to be trying to expand this one base one type concept and I wish them good luck!
Lufthansa Group of Airlines

Oykie

Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:00 am

Quoting Musapapaya (Reply 2):
They seem to be trying to expand this one base one type concept and I wish them good luck!

Isn't this what American has been doing in the US?
Dream no small dream; it lacks magic. Dream large, then go make that dream real - Donald Douglas

PADSpot

Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:51 am

I also like the idea of having all short haul continental machines to be all airbus. They seem to be trying to expand this one base one type concept and I wish them good luck!

Where did you get that from? LH's short-haul fleet is far from being all-Airbus. Not in HAM nor at any other major LH base ??!!

N1120A

Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:58 am

Quoting PADSpot (Reply 4):
I also like the idea of having all short haul continental machines to be all airbus. They seem to be trying to expand this one base one type concept and I wish them good luck!

Where did you get that from? LH's short-haul fleet is far from being all-Airbus. Not in HAM nor at any other major LH base ??!!

Precisely, 61 737s definately isn't an insignificant fleet.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss