ArcticTern
Topic Author

Any Pilot/Crew/Pax Ever On A Brand New Aircraft

Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:39 pm

The topic space was not enough to explain what i was lookin for.

Just wanted to know how an new Aircraft felt, for example, you get a car of the sales showroom and you went on a drive for the first time. The note of the engine, the feel, a complete experience.

How does it feel? I am sure it has a sweet smell, how many pilots, crew or passengers ever flown on a brand new aircraft.

Please post your views/ opinions

Thanks
Sushant!

[Edited 2006-02-14 14:43:22]
I wanted to fly even before I knew how to pronounce the word 'Pilot'

viv

Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:49 pm

I flew in a brand-new Dassault Falcon (as a passenger). Gourmet meal on board, with Chateau Dassault wine (yes, they produce their own wine).

I also flew in the same week in a Hawker Siddeley 800 and a Gulfstream.

It was a nice experience. For the aircraft companies, it was a sales pitch (we bought the Hawker Siddeley 800).
Nikon D700, Nikkor 80-400, Fuji X Pro 1, Fujinon 35 f/1.4, Fujinon 18 f/2

kc135topboom

Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:53 pm

I flew on a brand new B-727-200 once, UA had just taken delivery of it. This was that airplanes first revenue flight.

It did have that "new car" smell.

ArcticTern
Topic Author

Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:12 pm

I really wonder how an new aircraft smells, unfortunately my brain cells have not been the new aircrafts.

Hope i get to fly on a new one soon!

A lot of aircrafts heading to India!

Thanks,
Sushant
I wanted to fly even before I knew how to pronounce the word 'Pilot'

Gr8Circle

Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:21 pm

Well, not exactly relevant to the topic, but I flew on an AI742 (VT-EGA) when it was just about 3 months old....it had a new new feel all over it..... don't recall any new smell as it was already 3 months old....  smile 

Unfortunately, the same aircraft is currently being dismantled at BOM airport....  crying 

highguy76

Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:27 pm

I took a tour of the Renton Boeing plant, and while there saw the first 757-300 for CO on the line getting it's interior installed. My guide, knowing I was an FA for CO, and noticing the drool coming out of my mouth, allowed me to climb aboard and take a look. I could have stayed in there for hours, but after about 15min my guide said we needed to move on (and please stop drooling on the new carpet.) Before climbing down, I grabbed a permanent marker in the fwd galley and wrote my name in one of the oven wells. (No ovens on yet, no one would ever see inside, I asked first, they didn't mind)

Several months later, I was able to get on the first flight of that ac (not the delivery from Boeing, I tried) from EWR-FLL. The smell was great, the new galleys were fantastic, the plane was huge, and upon checking with my flashlight, I could just barely see my name in the oven well.

I worked that plane all month, and loved every minute of it. Unfortunatly, the new plane smell has worn off, CO has added pax and removed FAs on the 300s making them tough to work, and I haven't been aboard one since.
Highguy76

LO231

Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:00 am

I flew on a brand new Embraer 170 with LOT, it had this "new car smell".

I think it was less than a month old at that time...

Regards,
LO231
Got both LO 788 frames already, next LO E95 and 734 BRU-WAW-BRU

FlyHoss

Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:29 am

On several occasions, I've had the opportunity to fly a brand new plane.
On the good side:
-They're clean and will never be that clean again.
-They're really quiet, all the door and window seals are
new, clean and pliable.
-That great "new smell."
On the bad side:
-As brand new planes, mechanical bugs are probably
imminent. Nearly every new plane has a few (bugs) to
work out.
A little bit louder now, a lil bit louder now...

freakydeaky

Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:34 am

I've flown on several brand new airplanes. They're so crisp and clean - then I go into the cabin and see how the passenger have trashed it - and I see red. It's amazing - there's always someone peeing on the walls in the lav, grinding the chips into the carpet, writing on the seatbacks, dropping food everywhere and ripping the upholstery.

Oh well, what are you going to do?
"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could."

redflyer

Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:34 am

I had the pleasure of flying on the first revenue flight of a WN 737 a few months ago from PHX-SNA. Those brand new leather seats sure smelled nice. The biggest difference I noticed was how high up I sat in the seat - the seat-bottom cushions were not broken in yet and had a lot of resistence in them so I sat a couple of inches higher than I otherwise normally would have.

I also flew on SQ's 345 a couple of years ago from SIN-LAX when it was making only its 3rd revenue flight. The plane definitely had that "new car" smell to it. I sat in business and the IFE system control unit in my seat arm still had the plastic sheet protector over the display.
My other home is in the sky inside my Piper Cherokee 180.

B742

Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:48 am

I flew on one of A7-AEA's (QR A330-300) first flights, it was great. Everything was new and clean  Smile

I then flew the aircraft when It was around 4 months old, she's still in good condition  Smile

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Bernd Lawrenz
View Large View Medium

Photo © Airsnaps - WorldAirlineImages

Rob!  wave 

HiFi

Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:51 am

Quoting LO231 (Reply 6):

I was inside LOT's EMB 170s before you were... Big grin

As a passenger I don't think I've been on too much new aircraft.. I've flown GRU-CDG on the A330s TAM had received a few months earlier and I've been on some reasonably new B737NG's from Gol. The difference is noticeable although some used aircraft can be very well maintained...

Cheers.
no commercial potential

lehovec

Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:54 am

In October I was operating on STN-AMS-STN-ALC-STN rotation. He took off from STN and mid flight to AMS we noticed a weird noise at emergency exits... very hi pitch noise... we reported to cpt immediately. It was G-EZEJ. By the time we got to STN cpt called engineers and they had a look but couldn't find anything. Cpt didn't want to take a risk so he said that he wants a a/c swap. After couple of minutes a message from operations came that there is a/c waiting for us. It was G-EZIW. The a/c was available because it arrived the same day from HAM and was supposed to have first revenue flt the next day.
We boardad the a/c and it was amazing. I felt so proud. It might sound stupid, but I was really proud. The a/c had really nice "new car smell", the toilets were so clean, headrests were so bright orange, everything was so clean, no any scratch... incredible feeling.

Pax were impressed aswell.

[Edited 2006-02-14 20:11:51]

RL757PVD

Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:02 am

Back in early July of 1999 we were on a family vacation in Ohio and were scheduled to fly CLE-PVD on a 737-500. As we boarded the plane i was suprised to see 4 rows of first class seating, then I saw that there were two overwing exits. The planes interior was spotless, and it did have the new smell to it. I knew we were not on a 737-500 but yet didnt seem like a 757. I looked in the seat pocket to see the safety card of a 737-800/900 (mind you in 1999, these planes were RARE). I later found out that CO took delivery of their 1st one only 1 month prior and only had two at the time (not sure if they were even in scheduled service).

It sure was a nice equipt sub! Only bad thing is that when i use the BTS website it doesnt show up (probably since it was an equipt sub/ replacement flight) so i cant find the reg.
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

CRJ900

Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:08 am

I have flown some very new B738s with Sterling and Ryanair, and I have heard much creaking noise from the overhead bins, they haven't "settled in" yet...
Come, fly the prevailing winds with me

ChiGB1973

Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:15 am

I was in training at TZ in November of 2002 and was on a 738 that just arrived. It it still had the plastic covers on the seats. I do not know the registration.

I was on N333TZ the first week or two of service. Great plane. The bathrooms and cabin have the bluish lights and the bathrooms look much more elegant, if you will. The limo of the fleet.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Stephen Dobbins
View Large View Medium

Photo © Royal S King

M

db373

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:16 am

I was on a DL 764 in one of its first weeks of revenue service flying MIA-SLC (With a stop in ATL). I'm not sure when it entered, but it still had the plastic coverings over the carpet, and it had that new plane smell. It was probably also the best flight I ever had on DL.
Keep Delta My Delta

PM

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:23 am

Quoting Viv (Reply 1):
I also flew in the same week in a Hawker Siddeley 800 and a Gulfstream.

What is (was) a Hawker Siddeley 800?  confused 

kl662

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:26 am

Do planes have an odometer? Or some kind of hour meter?

1MillionFlyer

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:29 am

Raythoean 800 now, Hawker Siddley was the old name, company acuqired by BAE then Raytheon

http://www.avmats.com/capabilities/c...#search='hawker%20siddley%20800'

I have been lucky enough to fly in a brean new Citation V and Lear 31 when purchasing a corporate aircraft.

We ended up buying a used Lear 35, better range and perfromance and only 2.15 Million USD at the time with brand new interior and paint.

[Edited 2006-02-14 21:30:58]
Golf Foxtrot you are cleared for departure

ChiGB1973

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:33 am

Quoting PM (Reply 17):
What is (was) a Hawker Siddeley 800?

http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search

View Large View Medium

Photo © Jiri Nedoma (LKKV Group) - Karlovy Vary
View Large View Medium

Photo © Omar Saffe-Spot This!

1MillionFlyer

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:34 am

Quoting KL662 (Reply 18):

usually a Hobbs meter is used

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...ter&type=jpeg&no=21&tt=82&ei=UTF-8

of some other device that tracks hours of flight time.

KELPkid

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:36 am

I had the good fortune to be booked on CO from PBI to EWR, and got the first revenue flight of a brand-new 757-300  Cool Yes, indeed, it smelled like a new car...it was really wierd to look out on the wings and see no streaks, no paint marred by time or impacts with ground equipment, no hasty patch jobs on the engine cowl, etc. Probably the first and last time I'll ever have that kind of fortune...
Celebrating the birth of KELPkidJR on August 5, 2009 :-)

PM

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:37 am

Quoting 1MillionFlyer (Reply 19):
Raythoean 800 now, Hawker Siddley was the old name, company acuqired by BAE then Raytheon

If you go back far enough it was de Havilland but when was that plane ever referred to as a Hawker Siddeley 800?! It's a DH-125 or an HS-125 or eventually a BAe-125. Dash-800 it may have been but HS800? Never!

KiwiTEAL

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:40 am

Can't remember exactly when in the 1990's it was, but I was fortunate enough to fly a SYD - AKL leg of Qantas' inaugural flight of their first 747-400.
Better still, a friend of mine in flight despatch managed to get me upgraded to Business!! -and that was surprise I sure wasn't expecting!

I remember being on the upper deck, and the smell was certainly like a new car, new carpet, plastic, leather....... and everything was spotlessly clean. As I opperated the seat and footrest controls on my seat, I remember thinking that I was probably the "first" passenger to do it!

I remember still being able to smell the aircraft on my clothes for hours after we arrived in Auckland and left the airport. I will always treasure that flight

KiwiTEAL

1MillionFlyer

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:41 am

Quoting PM (Reply 23):
If you go back far enough it was de Havilland but when was that plane ever referred to as a Hawker Siddeley 800?! It's a DH-125 or an HS-125 or eventually a BAe-125. Dash-800 it may have been but HS800? Never!

My old company operated a DH125 3A-RA talk about a fuel hog. I would have gone back in time to DH but I figured if it was a moot point  Wink

blueflyer

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:45 am

I was on a brand, spanking new AF A340 that was already outfitted with the L'Espace 180 cabin before the new cabin was officially launched. The upside was the same as other posters, the downside was the IFE, and indeed the whole seat, was so new that there was no user guide to operate it, the crew didn't know more than I did, and not every feature was enabled yet.

I remember a crew member telling me the plane was only on its second revenue long-haul flight. Which made me wonder (and I never asked outloud to this day), do all long-haul aircrafts begin their in-service life on short-haul sectors for testing purposes, or just a few for crew training, and the rest begin long-haul service as soon as they are delivered ?
Democracy 2016: 3 million California votes < 100,000 Midwest votes.

UAL747

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:47 am

I flew on G-VIIK's first revenue flight. It had a new smell to it, and it was my first time on a 777! During the week I spent in London/Paris, BA switched their DFW service from a DC-10-30 to a 777. So I had a double treat on that vacation.

At the time, the aircraft was called "Animals and Trees."

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0982877/L/

UAL
"Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy. Bangkok Tower, United 890 Heavy.....Okay, fine, we'll just turn 190 and Visual Our Way

744rules

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:52 am

we had the chance to load a brand new 747-400F. It smells very new and you get the feeling you will have paint on your clothes when you lean against the wall. The inplane loading system works fine, but raising/lowering the locks is not very smooth. Used locks work much easier.

KELPkid

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:56 am

If it's piston-powered, the tachometer has an hour meter inside of it. However, these are notoriously unrelaible and will often get changed several time's durring the aircraft's life  Smile If it's used for rental or commercial ops, the operator usually installs a hobbs meter in addition...unlike the tach, which records hours at full RPM, the hobbs records the actual time, so if you were renting the aircraft or billing someone for a charter by time, which meter would YOU use  scratchchin 

redneckslim

RE: Any Pilot/Crew/PAX Ever On A Brand New Aircraft

Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:00 am

In 1984 I flew from Seoul-Tokyo-LAX in a brand new (2 days in service) 747-200 on NWA. It's first return flight to the states, and its first intro flight to Asia. My now wife was lead purser on that flight and the crew hated it because of the fit and finish of the tight gally and doors. It did have a special area built in the bulkhead for new born babies on the way to new homes in the states, like a crib in the wall area. sure enough it did smell like a new cadillac, and was very quite and tight. I understand it was scrapped out and is so many beer cans now I guess...

redflyer

Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:02 am

Quoting KELPkid (Reply 29):
the hobbs records the actual time

You mean the actual time the master switch is in the on position, right?

johnclipper

Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:05 am

I flew on a ExpressJet EMB-145 (N12957) on it's first revenue flight. The captain made it a point to inform the pax that. It smelled like a new car. No scuff marks, spotless...nice! Also flew on GoJet Airlines CRJ 700 (N158GJ) - was in service for only about 4-5 days - it was pristine!
"Flown every aircraft since the Wright Flyer" (guys, if you take this literally, then you need to get a life...)

KELPkid

RE: Any Pilot/Crew/Pax Ever On A Brand New Aircraft

Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:06 am

Quoting RedFlyer (Reply 31):
You mean the actual time the master switch is in the on position, right?

Believe it or not, I think the thing's controlled by an oil pressure switch and works independent of the master: A friend of mine and I tried throwing the master switch off for kicks and grins on our last rental, and the Hobbs kept racking up the hours and the $$$  Sad

Leezyjet

Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:19 am

I've flown on a few a/c that were new.

I've flown on an A346 that had been in service for a few weeks, and on an A319 that had been in service for around 1 week.

I've also been onboard a/c when they have just arrived from the factory, and still have plastic coverings on just about everything to protect it. The latest A346 has been in service for around 2-3 weeks, and it still had the protective covers on the tray tables in W until I pointed this out to the engineers the other day, so they could remove them !!!.

Everything looks so clean and new and fresh and yes you do get that new car smell, just on a much bigger scale !!.

Then you go back on a few months down the line, and they look just like any other a/c !!!.

Smile
"She Rolls, 45 knots, 90, 135, nose comes up to 20 degrees, she's airborne - She flies, Concorde Flies"

A319XFW

Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:37 am

I've flown on an aircraft that wasn't even delivered yet... does that count Big grin
It was the 3rd or 4th flight of it and seeing as the first flight can only be done (insurance reasons) with 2 pilots and 2 flight engineers, that's not bad going. I was grinning like a Cheshire cat throughout the flight Big grin
Not much to see mind, as it was mostly in the flight but interesting to see the red "Master Warning" light keep on binging...

It's one of the aircraft in my photo gallery!

I also flew on one of AC A345's that had been delivered about 2 weeks beforehand. But that was a bit more run in that the new aircraft.

rmd11

Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:46 am

I flew a 2 week old jet blue a320 "viva la blue" i guess you could say i did have the new plane smell
none

PlanenutzTB

Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:37 am

I've flown on a new A320 last year JFK-LAX on JetBlue. I didn't notice much difference as most all the JetBlue A320's seem new to me.

I also flew on a brand new Delta 767 when they retired the L1011's from the LAX-HNL flights. The new 767 looked beautiful, but the L1011 was still a more comfortable plane to fly on. The 767 seem to have less leg room.
I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.

jetstar

Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:16 am

Quoting KELPkid (Reply 33):
Believe it or not, I think the thing's controlled by an oil pressure switch and works independent of the master:

A hobbs meter can be activated by numerous ways. Some operators have it activated by an oil pressure switch so it runs whenever the engine is running. Other ways I have seen it activated is by an air switch, this is a little metal plate that hangs down under the wing and as soon as airspeed builds up, it tilts backwards and completes the electrical circuit. Another way is through the landing gear squat switch or landing gear up switch, when the airplane leaves the ground the switch completes the circuit.

Small single engine aircraft rental operators often use 2 different times, a hobbs meter connected to the oil pressure switch for billing customers, and the tach time for maintenance. The tach meter only registers an hour at cruise RPM, while at idle it registers a lot lower time so basically they can charge for well over the 100 hours of aircraft time via the hobbs meter but do their 100 hour inspections based on the tach meter. I would say they could get at least 10 extra hours of revenue for each 100 hours of flight time if there are long ground delays or taxing time.

Some twin engine piston airplanes do not have recording tachs, so for rental time they will use the hobbs, but can use the air switch or squat switch for flight time and this way also get more revenue time per 100 hours of flight time.

The FAA only requires that the aircraft time be recorded from liftoff to touchdown. There is no law that requires any recording meter so for non revenue purposes just a flight log entry is all that is required. This is what we did in my corporate flying days, we just entered the times on the journey log sheet, which was liftoff to wheels on the ground, we had no recording meters on the airplanes.

In the airlines they do the same thing, the crew flight pay starts at the gate when the door is closed and ends when they set the parking brake. The aircraft flight time starts when the wheels leave the ground and ends when the wheels touch down.

glydrflyr

Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:00 pm

I flew many brand new piston singles from Vero Beach to Teterboro, and they always smelled so good and felt tight, just like a new car. Once, I had to delay departure until the plane finished its' post assembly test flight with the company test pilot. Good thing it didn't have any squawks, otherwise I would have had to RON. Most of them had only very basic VFR radios, so navigating them was simply a matter of keeping the Atlantic Ocean off the right wing, and waiting until the dark blob of polluted sky over NYC came into view, then heading for that. My own Cherokee D, N7861N, had all the radios installed at the factory so I got to play with them on the overnight flight home to Monmouth County Airport.  Smile
if ya gotta crash, hit something soft and cheap!

redflyer

Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:34 pm

Quoting KELPkid (Reply 33):
Believe it or not, I think the thing's controlled by an oil pressure switch and works independent of the master: A friend of mine and I tried throwing the master switch off for kicks and grins on our last rental, and the Hobbs kept racking up the hours and the $$$

Quoting Jetstar (Reply 38):
A hobbs meter can be activated by numerous ways.

If it kept running after the master switch is turned off, wouldn't the next renter notice a discrepancy in the sign-out log? I mean, everytime I rent I check the hobbs meter time against what the last pilot recorded when they checked the aircraft in to make sure they reconcile. And if they don't, then I would report it to the FBO just to make sure I didn't pay for any time I didn't get to use.

Come to think of it, maybe that's why I have noticed a discrepancy somtimes!  crazy 

petmbro

Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:41 pm

My first and only new plane flight was on a US A319. The moment I walked on that plane I was amazed at how clean it was and also the lack of the No Smoking sign. I asked the FA how old the plane was and she came back later and told me they took delivery of it a little less than a month before. It was quite an amazing experience since my last flight before that was on an old DL 732 where the seat in front was torn along the top and cabin had a really bad smell to it.
"don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining!" - Judge Judy

airlinebuff77

Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:23 pm

I actually like the traditional "airplane" smell that most aircraft smell like. I guess I'm really sentimental to it Smile How do aircraft eventually obtain that distinctive smell?

kl662

Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:43 pm

Thanks for all the replies, re an hour meter... (Would be pretty fun to have an odometer of sorts, though, for NW DC9 pilots to watch roll over.)

Quoting Jetstar (Reply 38):
In the airlines they do the same thing, the crew flight pay starts at the gate when the door is closed and ends when they set the parking brake. The aircraft flight time starts when the wheels leave the ground and ends when the wheels touch down.

So, in an airline's fleet, the planes themselves have no indicators of usage? Is aircraft flight time manually logged? Or is there some sort of automated event log that can be downloaded from the plane?

Also, for maintenance purposes, are both number of rotations and flight time important? Or just flight time?

HAWK21M

Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:01 pm

Quoting ArcticTern (Reply 3):
A lot of aircrafts heading to India

Not all Brand new though.

Some APUs Have one  Smile

About the Smell...Its mainly the Interiors that smell different.A lot of New carpet/covers smell.The cockpit looks new with no paint peelings around.

regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

TinkerBelle

Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:14 pm

I flew on a brand spanking new ET B767 in Jan 2004 from ADD-FRA. I think it was the aircraft's second revenue flight. Man, the thing was quiet like nothing I ever flew in before.
If you are going through hell, keep going.

AirlineAV8tr

Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:07 pm

I was fortunate enough to deliver a few a/c.

N155CR (I believe) Lear 55 to FXE. Corporate jet for Champion Racing.

N14172 EMB-145XR From the factory to FLL, and continued to EWR

N14176 EMB-145XR From the factory to FLL, and continued to IAH

As many have said above, they do have that "new car" smell, and seem quieter, and smoother although this is most likely psychological. On the EMB-145XR deliveries, after leaving the factory, we obviously made a few fuel stops. The CA I was flying with insisted on stopping in some really cool S.American strips (as long as runway length permitted, and they carried Jet-A). I wish I could recall the airport we stopped at in Venezuela (I'm lazy to pull out the log). We drew a crowd! Apparently they rarely see turbine aircraft- let alone a US registered RJ! We had the FBO staff asking for photos with it, and even ordered lunch for us! They didn't have a single-point fueller, so it was all over-wing fuelling. It was there that I snapped the best RJ photo I own! Rain had fallen earlier, and the strip was surrounded by green mountains! Times like that, I can't believe I get paid to do this!
If we went into the funeral business, people would stop dying.-Martin S. (PanAm CEO)

zeke

Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:18 pm

Did a delivery flight of a new airbus, the catering airbus put onboard was fantastic, pity we had to wait until the destination to open the bottles of French Champagne.

Were handed the keys to the aircraft, they are for the diplomatic safe.

Had no cabin crew for the flight either, we had to armed the doors and brief the passengers ourselves, the engineers we had on flight are qualified to fix the doors, reinstall them, however not signed off to operate them for a flight.

Hardest thing of the whole flight was reading the airbus flight plan and performance data, its in a different format to the company information.

Everything worked as advertised, no problems.
We are addicted to our thoughts. We cannot change anything if we cannot change our thinking – Santosh Kalwar

LO231

Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:43 pm

Quoting HiFi (Reply 11):
Quoting LO231 (Reply 6):

I was inside LOT's EMB 170s before you were...

You probably were, since you're an engineer, did you prepare one of those for the ferry flights to Europe?

PS. I forgot to mention that I flew on a month or so old 346 of SAA, back then I felt it was not so comfortable and cramped and when I came back from South Africa, I found a thread in here saying I wasn't the only one and that SA had received many complaints about it...

Regards,
LO231
Got both LO 788 frames already, next LO E95 and 734 BRU-WAW-BRU

notdownnlocked

Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:39 pm

I had the opportunity to fly DL's MD-11 ship 804 on its first Pacific crossing from PDX. It was nice and clean and awesome. All was new and in fact I was a little worried about going so far on a new plane that was not broken in so I was just a little worried about new unforeseen problems that hopefully would not develop into big unforeseen problems out over the Pacific that seems you travel for days until you make landfall again.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos