PyroGX41487
Topic Author

First A380 In SIA Colors Soon...

Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:49 pm

Quote:
Launch Airbus A380 customer Singapore Airlines aircraft livery completed in Toulouse

The first Airbus A380 ultra-large airliner to fly in the full colours of launch customer Singapore Airlines (SIA) has had its paintwork completed at the airframer's facilities in Toulouse.

MSN004, which was recently used for performance tests in Latin America and cold weather tests in northern Canada, completed its paint job over night. The aircraft is in the full livery of SIA and bears the legend "First to fly A380". The aircraft will depart for Singapore tomorrow, where it will perform demonstration flights at the Asian Aerospace air show.

Airbus is currently painting several of the eight A380s in production for SIA and MSN003 is pictured below emerging from Airbus’s factory in Toulouse late last year. flightinternational.com will publish photographs of the SIA aircraft as they become available.

That source is from Flight International. They must have really painted MSN004 quick if it just got back from Canada a short while ago. The SIA c/s are for the Asian airshow coming up in March, I believe.

If anyone finds pictures, post them!

leelaw

RE: First A380 In SIA Colors Soon...

Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:04 pm

Quoting PyroGX41487 (Thread starter):
They must have really painted MSN004 quick if it just got back from Canada a short while ago.

I'm sure they'll be applying decals rather than painting MSN 004, just as they did for EK at the Dubai Airshow...that's why the aircraft has an all-white basic paint job.
Lex Ancilla Justitiae

PyroGX41487
Topic Author

Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:08 pm

Yeah, that and its going to Etihad eventually anyway, I hear... Makes sense.

knoxibus

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:38 am

I have seen it this morning, it's quite beautiful, however I did not have time to get close enough to see if they were decals, but I would think so.

Tails are usually painted prior to installation, horizontally, and since MSN 004 was already all painted white, it must be decals.
No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos