Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:16 am

Courtesy: KARE-TV

Judge Gives NWA And Unions One More Week To Reach Agreement

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=118755

StevenUhl777

RE: Judge Gives NW, Unions One More Week To Reach Deal

Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:01 am

So the strike at Cobra Airlines has been put off a week now...  Yeah sure

Well, I hope both sides can come to an agreement on something. Even if it's temporary like with DL, something to buy then possibly even more time to settle the bigger issues.
And the winner for best actress is....REESE WITHERSPOON for 'Walk the Line'!!!!!!!!

DeltaGuy

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:30 pm

He pushed back the deadline date to give the two sides more time for negotiations, but I'll bet the last thing he wants to do is to have to make a decision...one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't things.

The "agreement" at DL is exactly that..temporary. It's just holding off the inevitable future showdown with management..nothing more.

DeltaGuy
"The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan

Indy

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:37 pm

I think he gave them a weeek because it is my thinking that the two sides are close to reaching an agreement. If they aren't close the judge might as well give them 1 day or 100 days. It wouldn't matter. I think by this time next week it will be all settled. NW recently announced expanded service from IND. I didn't think they would add any routes as long as a strike was a real possibility. Why bother adding a flight and selling tickets for it if you have to turn around a week later and change the routes or even refund the money? Maybe I'm reading too much in to this. But I think the signs are there. A deal will be reached.

It is my opinion but I think I am right.
Indy = Indianapolis and not Independence Air

jetjack74

Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:45 pm

Quoting Indy (Reply 3):
I think he gave them a weeek because it is my thinking that the two sides are close to reaching an agreement. If they aren't close the judge might as well give them 1 day or 100 days.

The pilots maybe, but not the flight attendants.
Made from jets!

centrair

Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:01 pm

This judge seems to be fairly level headed.
I hope they come up with something.

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 4):
The pilots maybe, but not the flight attendants.

I don't understand why, can you explain?
Yes...I am not a KIX fan. Let's Japanese Aviation!