Home > Travel support > Change your travel plans
Change your travel plans
You can change all or part of an existing reservation including your destinations, dates and/or times for travel on a United, United Express® or TedSM flight.
Changes can be made to existing reservations prior to your travel date and on the nullSame-Day* of travel.
Request a change prior to your travel date
If you purchased your tickets through an agency or travel website and you have not begun travel, please contact the agency you booked through for any changes.
For Mileage Plus Award travel:
Please contact United for changes to award travel.
Change your travel plans online now.
Select your itinerary in My Itineraries and then click "Change itinerary."
Request a refund for your E-Ticket now.
Request a refund for any refundable E-Ticket.
When you change your outbound or return flights, any difference in fare price will be calculated automatically, including any service charges, and billed to your credit card. If a refund is due, it will be automatically processed.
To change your E-Ticket online you must:
* Be a Mileage Plus member**
* Have a united.com password and profile**
* Have an electronic ticket
* Travel on a United, United Express or Ted flight
* Have a ticket booked through united.com, flyted.com or any United location
* Have a ticket with your Mileage Plus number on it
* Travel on any ticket for travel originating from the 50 U.S. states, Canada, Caribbean or Mexico
* Travel international as long as the ticket is booked in U.S. dollars.
Request a change for Same-Day travel
You can confirm a seat on an alternate flight, to the same destination, on the same day of travel anywhere United flies within the United States and within four hours of the time of your request. If seats are available on an alternate flight, your change will be confirmed and you will be charged a $25.00 fee.
To request a Same-Day travel change, please visit an Easycheck-in® kiosk, or contact a Customer Service Representative at the airport check-in counter or call 1-800-United1 (1-800-864-8331).
Please see the following Same-Day travel change policy requirements:
* Customers holding a discounted ticket in Economy class may confirm a seat on a flight for a $25.00 fee if available seats exist, instead of traveling standby.
* Holders of First, Business, and full-fare Economy class tickets can make changes without paying the $25.00 fee as current policy allows.
* Same-Day travel changes are available within the 50 United States.
* Alternate flights must be scheduled for the same destination and to depart within four hours of your request. Flights outside of four hours do not qualify and the existing change fee policy applies.
* Flight changes can be made at the airport with an Easycheck-in® kiosk, a United Customer Service Representative or with a Reservation Sales Representative by phone at 1-800-United1 (1-800-864-8331).
* The $25.00 fee is nonrefundable and will be collected at the time the change request is made.
Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe
Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days
Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit
Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior
Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft
Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials
Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions
Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin
Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon
Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos
Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft
Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries
Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground
Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos