Booking An Odd Itinerary On EK ...

Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:54 am

While booking a ticket to Colombo ex-SIN via the on-line booking engine Emirates offers, I noticed that some interesting itineraries were offered as choices for the same fare.

Aside from the choice of the direct SIN-CMB-SIN services offered by EK and codeshare partner Sri Lankan , I could book a much longer routing via Dubai i.e. SIN-DXB-CMB-DXB-SIN for the same fare. There is almost a 24 hour layover for the DXB stop , so I wondered if it was a good chance to pop by Dubai since I didn't mind the extra hours. Tickets on EK to DXB aren't exactly cheap , even in low season.

I wonder if EK does consider this long DXB layover of mine eligible for any Stopover priviledges , when technically this is not a "forced" layover ??

I hope no one thinks I am crazy haha.

RE: Booking An Odd Itinerary On EK ...

Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:03 am

Just call and ask, you may get a free stopover hotel.

RE: Booking An Odd Itinerary On EK ...

Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:17 am

In most markets (I can only speak for Germany, Austria and Switzerland at the moment) EK offers stopover packages - regardless whether you are forced to stop or are doing it on purpose.

It's not a free hotel, but the rates are quite good.

... and if you'd have taken a little bit of time to look around EK's website, you'd have found this link (from the Singaporean homepage):

You'll find all you need there.

Smile - it confuses people!