viveAF

The Aviation Society (TAS) Manchester

Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:56 pm

I`ve been looking at the website for TAS ( www.tasmanchester.com ) and it looks like they have some pretty interesting topics at their meetings.

Just wondering if anyone here is a member, or has any info about the society as I`m thinking of joining.

The coach trips look good, and their long haul tours seem fairly good value - in fact they must be, as some of them are already sold out.

Any feeback would be appreciated.

Cheers.

mhodgson

RE: The Aviation Society (TAS) Manchester

Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:58 am

They do seem to have some fascinating tours; its quite a good society by the looks of it! I attended a talk by the RAF in 2002 (can't remebr the topic  Sad ), but as I recall it was a great night, very enjoyable presentation and you get free parking for the events. I've seen talks advertised by Airbus UK, MyTravel, Manchester Airport management, Jet2 and similar.

It isn't expensive to join either, and you get a monthly magazine. If I lived closer to MAN, I'd join!
No trees were harmed by this message. However, several million electrons were terribly inconvenienced

skysurfer

Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:15 am

I used to be a member b4 i moved away, i'd say it's well worth joining. They have cheap coach trips (as mentioned above) and they have trips further away available too. Their monthly 'magazine' was excellent.......if you pop into one of their shops you'll be able to have a look through one. They usually have a trade show event (can't think exactly how to word it) at T2's Atlantic suite (i might have then ame wrong, it's been a while) and believe they give out tickets for free parking (or 1/2 price, memory is getting bad, lol). It's well worth joining though, it's money well spent.
The only thing that spoiled it for me was that there is a very TINY minority of people in there that are complete and utter ar$eholes, but that's not up for discussion here!

Enjoy!

Cheers

Ps....when you're done with their newsletters, send them to me, hahahaha  Smile
In the dark you can't see ugly, but you can feel fat

viveAF

Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:30 pm

Thanks for the info guys. It looks like being worth a try. I`ll report back let you know how it goes.

Cheers

spencer

Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:42 pm

I used to subscribe to their magazine, Winged Words, which was fantastic for the North Atlantic tie ups; this was a long time before ACARS ever became public knowledge! Another good one, probably better for me coming fom London, was The Stansted Aviation Society which basically was the same sort of thing albeit for us Southerners!!
Spencer.
EOS1D4, 7D, 30D, 100-400/4.5-5.6 L IS USM, 70-200/2.8 L IS2 USM, 17-40 f4 L USM, 24-105 f4 L IS USM, 85 f1.8 USM

Ryan h

Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:59 pm

When I was in MAn last year I was invited to a meeting. There would have been 200-300 people there. That meeting someone from Airbus gave a talk on the A380 in particular where the wings are made and how they are transported to France.

Speak to someone who works at the AVP, that is how I found out about it.
South Australian Spotter www.ryanhothersall.net