Flyer88
Topic Author

LA & AR Loads Out Of AKL

Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:48 pm

What are the loads like for LA and AR out of AKL. Most say that their bulk traffic originates from SYD but I was looking at the LA flight today which landed from SYD with around 213 pax onboard. Surely a certain percentage of passengers would have been just for SYD/AKL. When it departed AKL, it went out with a full load.

Just wanted to know just how much traffic these carriers generate out of AKL. Being in the city I constanly see many that are from South America and one of my friends who works for AR said that they had to shift around about 700 pax when AR went on strike during end of last year. (Not sure if this included SYD)

aerorobnz

RE: LA & AR Loads Out Of AKL

Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:49 pm

Quoting Flyer88 (Thread starter):
Just wanted to know just how much traffic these carriers generate out of AKL. Being in the city I constanly see many that are from South America and one of my friends who works for AR said that they had to shift around about 700 pax when AR went on strike during end of last year. (Not sure if this included SYD)

It fluctuates depending on the time of year, but usually AR loads are about 60-75% from SYD and 25-40% from AKL, and LA is similar, if a little less one sided. The other day was the first day in a long time that AR had more people originating from here than SYD.
Flown to 120 Airports in 44 Countries on 73 Operators. Visited 55 Countries and counting. Wanderlust is like Syphilis, once you have the itch it's too late for treatment.

ZK-NBT

RE: LA & AR Loads Out Of AKL

Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:45 pm

I think it certainly seems that the Argentine economy has bounced back from what it was when QF flew SYD-AKL-EZE. Though QF's 744's were often packed to the brim both pax cargo and fuel, some of the longest take off rolls I have ever seen for a 744.

LA now have 5 weekly flights, soon going up to 6 while it seems that AR will reduce back to 3 for the Southern Winter. Certainly in the case of AR though loads certainly seem to be much higher than what they were 3-4 years ago. A while back there were rumours that AR were going to put the 744 on the AKL/SYD run. Not that they have enough of them anyway, they have 4 and they mainly fly to MAD and FCO.