MSYtristar
Topic Author

Taca Back To MSY In April?

Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:38 pm

I was speaking with one of our fuelers today and he told me that TACA has informed the company (ASIG) that they will resume flights into MSY in April. There has not been any press on this, so I still have my doubts. At the same time, I don't know why the guy would lie to me. In any case, if they do return, it'll be a good shot in the arm for the airport. Thing is, there's still a large Honduran population here, even after Katrina. I could see a few weekly MSY-SAP flights come back and do well.

N1120A

RE: Taca Back To MSY In April?

Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:28 pm

Wow, this is kind of out of the blue. Given their hasty run from town, I am shocked they are doing this. Hopefully it will be true and we will see both AC and TA flights landing again.

Perhaps they wanted to be with their hangar  Silly
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

MSYtristar
Topic Author

Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:25 pm

Quoting N1120A (Reply 1):
Perhaps they wanted to be with their hangar

That hangar needs a lot of help! Maybe they can bring back the glory days and resume all-cargo DC-7 flights from MSY to BZE!

dartland

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:29 am

I heard that rumor a few weeks ago, but have since heard that TA has no plans to go back to MSY.

N1120A

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:33 am

Quoting MSYtristar (Reply 2):
Maybe they can bring back the glory days and resume all-cargo DC-7 flights from MSY to BZE!

rotfl  rotfl 

I think that is about as likely as VooDoo BBQ going Vegan.  Silly

A friend of mine (and your's Steve) actually e-mailed TACA customer relations and recieved information to the contrary, saying that TACA would be staying out of the market for the forseeable future. Since we have mixed info, we should take a "wait till the rubber hits the runway" approach
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

Tom in NO

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:34 am

Just found this one out yesterday myself. We have been having talks with TACA, and it looks like they will be returning in the not-too-distant future. Don't know a timeline, though.

TACA's primary concern was what the Hispanic population here was looking like since Katrina. As has been widely reported locally, due to the reconstruction boom here, the Hispanic population has gone way up. TACA has taken note of that, and is responding accordingly.

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

MalpensaSFO

Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:38 am

Quoting Tom in NO (Reply 5):
TACA's primary concern was what the Hispanic population here was looking like since Katrina. As has been widely reported locally, due to the reconstruction boom here, the Hispanic population has gone way up. TACA has taken note of that, and is responding accordingly

Yes it is like Laredo... all over again!
TO FLY IS TO SERVE