RuEwrAcBuff
Topic Author

AZ 645 EWR/FCO New Cabin Config?

Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:47 pm

Hi,

I'm planning a trip next month to Italy on AZ (EWR/FCO, MXP/EWR), and like many of the users in previous threads was confused to see the code "764" listed on the AZ timetable, when I know AZ doesn't own or lease any. After digging through posts both here and on other sites, it would seem that AZ uses this code to refer to a particular cabin configuartion. I was just on ExpertFlyer.com, which provided one of the very few seating maps for this flight. Seems that economy class seating starts with row 10 and goes through 43, but unlike other AZ 763's, the far right window and aisle seats are labled J and L (rather than H and J). Since this past December, there haven't been any updates on this topic and I wanted to know if anyone knows about the new cabin layout? I know the 763 re-config's, per boeing's 2000 press release, were to have a 777 "feel". Was just wondering what's come of this with the new AZ config and whether the 764 has that "feel" or just a distant "brush"?

Thanks!
"...By the way, Is there anyone onboard who knows how to fly a plane???"

RE: AZ 645 EWR/FCO New Cabin Config?

Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:19 pm

As far as I know, up to today, only one 767 has been reconfigured with a new "Magnifica Class" (EI-CRM).

The entire fleet configuration will follow soon.

Here below a picture that shows the new interior.

Ciao!

http://myaviation.net/search/photo_search.php?id=00527965