flyf15
Topic Author

NO WAY BA/AA on VA

Sun Feb 14, 1999 1:34 pm

I just noticed that on a Virgin A340 pic on here, "NO WAY BA/AA" is written on the fuse near the tail. Is that unique to that aircraft? A340s? or is it written on every Virgin aircraft? I thought it was interesting considering how I have never seen anything like that written on an airliner before.

RE: NO WAY BA/AA on VA

Sun Feb 14, 1999 1:54 pm

It is a sticker that is on the majority of the fleet I would guess about 90% I have seen some planes with it and a couple planes with out. The 320 does not have it on.
This was put on there fort the world 1 alliance. I do not think Virgin has anything to worry about!
Iain

Victor

Sun Feb 14, 1999 2:12 pm

flyf15 wrote: ------------------------------- I just noticed that on a Virgin A340 pic on here, "NO WAY BA/AA" is written on the fuse near the tail. Is that unique to that aircraft? A340s? or is it written on every Virgin aircraft? I thought it was interesting considering how I have never seen anything like that written on an airliner before. flyf15 wrote: ------------------------------- I just noticed that on a Virgin A340 pic on here, "NO WAY BA/AA" is written on the fuse near the tail. Is that unique to that aircraft? A340s? or is it written on every Virgin aircraft? I thought it was interesting considering how I have never seen anything like that written on an airliner before. flyf15 wrote: ------------------------------- I just noticed that on a Virgin A340 pic on here, "NO WAY BA/AA" is written on the fuse near the tail. Is that unique to that aircraft? A340s? or is it written on every Virgin aircraft? I thought it was interesting considering how I have never seen anything like that written on an airliner before. flyf15 wrote: ------------------------------- I just noticed that on a Virgin A340 pic on here, "NO WAY BA/AA" is written on the fuse near the tail. Is that unique to that aircraft? A340s? or is it written on every Virgin aircraft? I thought it was interesting considering how I have never seen anything like that written on an airliner before. flyf15 wrote: ------------------------------- I just noticed that on a Virgin A340 pic on here, "NO WAY BA/AA" is written on the fuse near the tail. Is that unique to that aircraft? A340s? or is it written on every Virgin aircraft? I thought it was interesting considering how I have never seen anything like that written on an airliner before. flyf15 wrote: ------------------------------- I just noticed that on a Virgin A340 pic on here, "NO WAY BA/AA" is written on the fuse near the tail. Is that unique to that aircraft? A340s? or is it written on every Virgin aircraft? I thought it was interesting considering how I have never seen anything like that written on an airliner before. flyf15 wrote: ------------------------------- I just noticed that on a Virgin A340 pic on here, "NO WAY BA/AA" is written on the fuse near the tail. Is that unique to that aircraft? A340s? or is it written on every Virgin aircraft? I thought it was interesting considering how I have never seen anything like that written on an airliner before. flyf15 wrote: ------------------------------- I just noticed that on a Virgin A340 pic on here, "NO WAY BA/AA" is written on the fuse near the tail. Is that unique to that aircraft? A340s? or is it written on every Virgin aircraft? I thought it was interesting considering how I have never seen anything like that written on an airliner before. flyf15 wrote: ------------------------------- I just noticed that on a Virgin A340 pic on here, "NO WAY BA/AA" is written on the fuse near the tail. Is that unique to that aircraft? A340s? or is it written on every Virgin aircraft? I thought it was interesting considering how I have never seen anything like that written on an airliner before. flyf15 wrote: ------------------------------- I just noticed that on a Virgin A340 pic on here, "NO WAY BA/AA" is written on the fuse near the tail. Is that unique to that aircraft? A340s? or is it written on every Virgin aircraft? I thought it was interesting considering how I have never seen anything like that written on an airliner before. flyf15 wrote: ------------------------------- I just noticed that on a Virgin A340 pic on here, "NO WAY BA/AA" is written on the fuse near the tail. Is that unique to that aircraft? A340s? or is it written on every Virgin aircraft? I thought it was interesting considering how I have never seen anything like that written on an airliner before. flyf15 wrote: ------------------------------- I just noticed that on a Virgin A340 pic on here, "NO WAY BA/AA" is written on the fuse near the tail. Is that unique to that aircraft? A340s? or is it written on every Virgin aircraft? I thought it was interesting considering how I have never seen anything like that written on an airliner before. flyf15 wrote: ------------------------------- I just noticed that on a Virgin A340 pic on here, "NO WAY BA/AA" is written on the fuse near the tail. Is that unique to that aircraft? A340s? or is it written on every Virgin aircraft? I thought it was interesting considering how I have never seen anything like that written on an airliner before. flyf15 wrote: ------------------------------- I just noticed that on a Virgin A340 pic on here, "NO WAY BA/AA" is written on the fuse near the tail. Is that unique to that aircraft? A340s? or is it written on every Virgin aircraft? I thought it was interesting considering how I have never seen anything like that written on an airliner before. flyf15 wrote: ------------------------------- I just noticed that on a Virgin A340 pic on here, "NO WAY BA/AA" is written on the fuse near the tail. Is that unique to that aircraft? A340s? or is it written on every Virgin aircraft? I thought it was interesting considering how I have never seen anything like that written on an airliner before. flyf15 wrote: ------------------------------- I just noticed that on a Virgin A340 pic on here, "NO WAY BA/AA" is written on the fuse near the tail. Is that unique to that aircraft? A340s? or is it written on every Virgin aircraft? I thought it was interesting considering how I have never seen anything like that written on an airliner before. flyf15 wrote: ------------------------------- I just noticed that on a Virgin A340 pic on here, "NO WAY BA/AA" is written on the fuse near the tail. Is that unique to that aircraft? A340s? or is it written on every Virgin aircraft? I thought it was interesting considering how I have never seen anything like that written on an airliner before. flyf15 wrote: ------------------------------- I just noticed that on a Virgin A340 pic on here, "NO WAY BA/AA" is written on the fuse near the tail. Is that unique to that aircraft? A340s? or is it written on every Virgin aircraft? I thought it was interesting considering how I have never seen anything like that written on an airliner before. flyf15 wrote: ------------------------------- I just noticed that on a Virgin A340 pic on here, "NO WAY BA/AA" is written on the fuse near th

flyf15
Topic Author

Victor

Sun Feb 14, 1999 2:18 pm

oh, that was real mature, what are you, 6 years old?

FLY777UAL

Sun Feb 14, 1999 2:21 pm

The sticker is applied on the entire fleet. (excluding A320's)
Ironically, VA has contracted to British Airways to repaint the aircraft, and subsequently, the titles get painted over each and every time.
I don't think that VA approves of the oneWorld alliance!! HA HA

Victor

RE: flyf15

Sun Feb 14, 1999 2:29 pm

I'am very sorry about that this darn computer has a mind of it's own. To be on the safe side I had better not post anymore messages on this forum.I'am really sorry!!.

flyf15
Topic Author

RE: flyf15

Sun Feb 14, 1999 2:37 pm

I apoligize! I am very sorry! I didn't know that you didn't do that on purpose, I thought it was a joke or something. I am so sorry for being rude! Please don't leave the forum because of what I said.

RE: Victor

Sun Feb 14, 1999 5:13 pm

He bro. do not leave flyf15 does not mean any harm. He takes things as if the are an insolt to him when it is an easily explained accident. I can understand were you are coming from, I have posted some strange E-mails that I had no control over.
Just don't let flyf15 bother you he called me a fag and I am still here.
Iain

v jet

Sun Feb 14, 1999 8:21 pm

The No Way BA/AA message applied to Virgin acft is not about the Oneworld Alliance. These have been on Virgin acft for some time and it is about the propsed alliance at the time between BA and AA and the huge number of flts they would have across the Atlantic. I haven't read or head anything about Virgins position since Oneworld was formally announced.
Maurice

mirage

Britannia

Sun Feb 14, 1999 11:02 pm

On Britannia planes you can read "Keep Duty free"

FLY777UAL

RE: Britannia

Mon Feb 15, 1999 12:20 am

What is the deal with the "Keep Duty Free"? I've seen it applied to a few A320's.
Nick

mirage

Keep Duty Free

Mon Feb 15, 1999 12:33 am

The European Union has decide to finish the free shops at international areas in airports. In this free shops you don't pay any taxes so it can be a lot cheaper. If this kind of shops are closed many people will become unemployed (many thousands in Europe).
Britannia is calling attention to this problem with that "Keep Duty Free" in their planes.

Mirage, Faro, Portugal

FLY777UAL

Mon Feb 15, 1999 12:54 am

oneWorld Alliance meaning BA and AA hooking up, etc.

RE: Flyf15

Mon Feb 15, 1999 3:02 am

Chris
You said that you haven ever seen writing on a plane before. I find this quite hard to believe the only plane I have not seen writing on it a ultralight. Writing is on all airliners and all over the plane.
Name of the airline and plane, and danger this spins kind of stuff. Have you been getting planes confused with birds again?
Iain

flyf15
Topic Author

RE: Flyf15

Mon Feb 15, 1999 9:31 am

Oh, I just meant I haven't seen protests and/or little messages like this before. I know what I'm talking about.

Mon Feb 15, 1999 7:17 pm

This was posted on all the 747-400 and A340 aircraft denouncing the British Airways/American Airlines codeshare agreement World One. It was felt that this would give BA/AA too much of the North American traffic to London. In my opinion Virgin is #1 on that route. Service is everything, and they've defined that!

CX747

Tue Feb 16, 1999 10:47 pm

The message is also posted on their 747-200s.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or timid." D. Eisenhower