Merge Merge Merge Merge

Sat Jun 03, 2000 5:28 am

People, just because United bought out USAirways, doesnt mean every US airline is gonna merge with somebody. I think i have seen every possible airline matched up on this forum.

DELTA777

RE: Merge Merge Merge Merge

Sat Jun 03, 2000 5:35 am

How do you know! Merging seems to be the best thing to do with the major airlines. If the UA/US merger goes through, they would create a HUGE airline that no other airline could compete alone with.

flyf15

Sat Jun 03, 2000 6:29 am

I don't see how anybody can say its good or bad. We haven't seen a merger that even approaches this in the United States since USAir/Piedmont.

tritanic

Sat Jun 03, 2000 6:38 am

My friends AA is definately talking serious with NW, and that's official. If that's true I can assure you that DL and CO will be back at the table for the second time in 2 years. DL is financially great, even after purchasing ComAIr and ASA. DL has liquid cash!!! Just sit back and watch if UA and US clears the Justice Dept.....

ctbarnes

Sat Jun 03, 2000 6:52 am

... which is by no means assured. A lot of hard questions will undoubtedly be asked about monopolistic competition, particularly as there will be a danger of a big majority of US markets being dominated by a single carrier. The Justice Department is going to scrutinize this, as well they should.
The customer isn't a moron, she is your wife -David Ogilvy

RE: Panamfan

Sat Jun 03, 2000 7:07 am

Panamfanatic, read the article on abcnews.com about the NW-AA deal. The DL-CO deal is outlined in there as well as the future on these mega-megers

Later
usairwys4lyfe@hotmail.com

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos