krisyyz

Malev & AA Make Deal For US Flights From JFK

Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:40 am

Malev Hungarian Airlines and AA have concluded an agreement that will allow Malev's passengers to connect to 18 US destinations out of JFK. Malev soon becoming an OneWorld member, this deal comes as no surprise. Especially when taking Delta's new JFK-BUD flights into consideration. Rumors where that Malev will sell its two B762ERs along with its CRJs, I guess that will not happen for now. Malev has a lot of work to do if it wants to compete with DL's flights starting in May. The 2 B762ER need major cabin and IFE improvements, both planes have been highly utilizes since they were bought in 1993. There was talk of some B763's coming from asia, but again I've herd a lot from the Hungarian rumor mill

With Delta moving in on Malev's territory, the British buying BUD and Malev joining OneWorld, MA has great opportunity to grow and improve, too bad no one wants to buy the airline from the government. All being said, Malev desperately needs new long-haul aircraft.

http://www.malev.hu/BP/ENG/I_NEWS_ENG/2006-0223-1019-46RLXU.asp

Krisyyz

vegasplanes

RE: Malev & AA Make Deal For US Flights From JFK

Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:48 am

According to this, AA/Malev code share will only be for 18 NA destinations, I suppose the rest of the cities not offered on the Malev code-share will still have to fly through LGW/LHR on AA/BA to BUD.

As for DL, I can find the flights going JFK-BUD, but where are the returns, BUD-JFK, everything I checked for end of May has the return going on AF through CDG.

panamair

Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:36 am

Quoting Vegasplanes (Reply 1):
As for DL, I can find the flights going JFK-BUD, but where are the returns, BUD-JFK, everything I checked for end of May has the return going on AF through CDG.

The DL flight only operates 5x weekly; JFK-BUD is daily except Wed and Fri while BUD-JFK operates every day except Thu and Sat.

Aisak

Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:32 am

Quoting Vegasplanes (Reply 1):
According to this, AA/Malev code share will only be for 18 NA destinations, I suppose the rest of the cities not offered on the Malev code-share will still have to fly through LGW/LHR on AA/BA to BUD.

Even if there's an onward flight with only AA code, it can also be combined with the MA BUD-JFK flight into the same ticket as long as transfer time is within limits

Speaking of which... MA flies into T3.... Are there plans to move into AA terminal in order to make conections smoother?

sllevin

Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:28 am

I'm hoping this means the reverse will be true -- that AA folks will be able to utilize west-coast on AA to JFK, then JFK-BUD-other eastern european locations like SOF without the annoyance that the BA tieup has (which requires a forced overnight on the return).

Steve

rjpieces

Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:29 pm

Quoting Aisak (Reply 3):
Speaking of which... MA flies into T3.... Are there plans to move into AA terminal in order to make conections smoother?

I was wondering the same thing...
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon"

vegasplanes

Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:45 pm

Quoting Panamair (Reply 2):
The DL flight only operates 5x weekly; JFK-BUD is daily except Wed and Fri while BUD-JFK operates every day except Thu and Sat

Ah so, I was looking for a Sautrday return, hence it would not come up, Thank You.