SCEagle
Topic Author

CO/DL - What To Do With A/C From CCS

Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:52 am

While the other thread is turning into a political furball...

What will CO and DL do with the aircraft allocated to their CCS flights? Which routes will benefit?

MarkATL

RE: CO/DL - What To Do With A/C From CCS

Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:22 am

If it goes on for any lenghth of time it will probably just speed up the retirement of older aircraft. I don't see any increase in domestic flying as these a/c are from the domestic fleets.

Let's just hope that this does not turn into an all out trade war. I say let's just get George and Hugo in a room, tell them to drop their pants, break out a ruller and get this over with!!

-=MarkATL=-
"...left my home in Georgia, 'n headed for the "Frisco" Bay...

2travel2know

Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:31 am

I think CO and DL both have destinations that have been on-hold because lack of aircraft, I would think those destinations will get the planes now allocated to CCS.
I don't work for COPA Airlines!

deltasju777

Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:49 pm

DL can use the CCS 738 for the new aguadilla PR route.

MX757

Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:11 pm

Quoting MarkATL (Reply 1):
Let's just hope that this does not turn into an all out trade war. I say let's just get George and Hugo in a room, tell them to drop their pants, break out a ruller and get this over with!!

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

If it was only that easy!
Is it broke...? Yeah I'll fix it.

dutchjet

Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:24 pm

It all depends on how long this nonsense continues.......if we are talking about a short term thing, DL and CO will take the opportunity to fit some maintainance on their fleets and having an extra aircraft will give the airlines some flexibility......also with the busy spring break/Easter/Passover travel period coming up, both airlines could probably used an extra aircraft.

IF this situation continues for longer than a month or so, the scheduling departments will consider a more permanent solution - either adding segments in other markets, launching a new route or moving up a launch date on a new route, or selling off an aircraft. My guess is that DL will accelerate a 732/733 retirement if this situation is not resolved, CO will either open another Latin American destination out of IAH or juggle its schedules to free up another 757 for the summer schedule to fly to Europe.

My feeling is that this situation will be resolved sooner, as opposed to later......while there is a lot of political grand-standing going on, in real life the US and Venezuela do need vital transportation links.

2travel2know

Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:36 pm

Quoting Dutchjet (Reply 5):
CO will either open another Latin American destination out of IAH or juggle its schedules to free up another 757 for the summer schedule to fly to Europe.

This makes a lot of sense.

Quoting Dutchjet (Reply 5):
My feeling is that this situation will be resolved sooner, as opposed to later......while there is a lot of political grand-standing going on, in real life the US and Venezuela do need vital transportation links.

I don't know if this statement was true when Cuba-U.S. commercial scheduled airtraffic came to a halt 40+ years ago. Sometime in the 80's Perú and U.S.A. were at situation where there was no U.S. airline flying to Perú or Peruvian airline flying to the U.S.A., I think it lasted for a whole year.
I don't work for COPA Airlines!

aeroman62

Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:41 pm

We can all thank the two putter heads in charge of the respective governments involved, what a silly, egotistical world we live in - and in the end, what point is made by this, and who really suffers from this ego game? CO, DL and AA will find plenty of other opportunities to use those planes, and who knows, maybe they'll find ways to make more money on other routes than CCS....so let's hope the Venezuelan government knows what they're doing, because the crew in DC probably thinks this is funny, and isn't really going to change anything in response (other than to limit Venezuelan carriers into the U.S.).

MX757

Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:24 pm

CO might send those flights to Panama and have people connect to Venezuela on COPA.

You know what I don't even know if COPA flies to Venezula!
Is it broke...? Yeah I'll fix it.

lamedianaranja

Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:48 pm

Twice a day:

PTY CCS 1135 1450 CM223 73G
PTY CCS 1945 2300 CM221 73G
and the return:
CCS PTY 0820 0940 CM220 73G
CCS PTY 1655 1820 CM222 73G

[Edited 2006-02-25 10:52:31]
I wish that all skies were orange and blue!!

ramerinianair

Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:15 pm

GREAT IDEA!!!
Fly the extra frequencies to PTY so CM (partner and partially owned) can take them to CCS!
SR
W N = my Worst Nightmare!!!!!

positiverate

Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:42 pm

We're talking, what, one airplane a day for each airline?

luv2fly

Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:45 pm

It was reported in the WSJ that the deadline has already been extended another month.
You can cut the irony with a knife

SESGDL

Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:03 am

Quoting Positiverate (Reply 11):
We're talking, what, one airplane a day for each airline?

Yeah, and an aircraft that flys other routes during the day as well. Both CO and DL have the flexibility and large enough fleets to just put the aircraft on a domestic route or use it as a spare. ATL-CCS, for example, is only a 4 hour flight. It's not like ATL-GRU, where if the route is closed another is opened.

Jeremy

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos