tu154m

DL Res Outsourcing..........

Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:03 pm

Just when you thought outsourcing to India was the way to go, DL has signed over their Reservations to a Jamaican company in the largest outsourcing deal ever in North America.
http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/magaz...CLINCHES_BILLION___DELTA_DEAL_.asp
CEOs should swim with cement flippers!

deltaamtrak058

RE: DL Res Outsourcing..........

Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:25 pm

WOW! I didn't expect this from DL...Mixed emotions here, but over all I think it it is a good move on DL's part because of more superior communication skills and proximity to the US. Hope this lives up to is name...

-F L Y D E L T A J E T S
Deltaamtrak058
The engine is the heart of an aeroplane, but the pilot is its soul. -Sir Walter Raleigh

fdex727

Sat Feb 25, 2006 2:27 pm

Something seems fishy about this article, I'll believe it when DL confirms it.

FlyDeltaJets

Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:11 pm

Yeah i didnt see anything about on the DeltaNet, althought I must admit I have seen a few things here a couple of weeks before I head it on the DeltaNet.
The only valid opinions are those based in facts

AJMIA

Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:19 pm

Yes... Great...
Go into bankruptcy...
Milk the system...
Send US jobs overseas...
Terrific!

AJMIA
Lady it's a jet... not a kite.

tu154m

Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:59 pm

Quoting FlyDeltaJets (Reply 3):
Yeah i didnt see anything about on the DeltaNet, althought I must admit I have seen a few things here a couple of weeks before I head it on the DeltaNet.

Why would DL put it on DeltaNet????(for those who don't know......DeltaNet is the company website used by employees). DeltaNet is a company propaganda engine run by DL for DL. They are asking for $300 some million from their pilots, getting rid of over 1,000 TechOps people, so I really don't think they want to publicize the fact they just signed a ONE BILLION dollar deal to a foreign company that will in all likelyhood spell the end of the line for alot of Res jobs here in the US. Not to mention they are in Chp 11 and stirring the pot with their executive severance packages. Rumors are that Level 1 reps(the ones who take customer calls) will be the hardest hit from this.
CEOs should swim with cement flippers!

deltairlines

Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:23 pm

As long as Special Member Services stays in the United States, I'm fine with it if it saves Delta some money.

Jeff

deltagator

Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:25 pm

Quoting DeltAirlines (Reply 6):
As long as Special Member Services stays in the United States, I'm fine with it if it saves Delta some money.

Amen to that brother.

I can just hear the main rservations line now...Hey mon. Where do you want to go today?
"If you can't delight in the misery of others then you don't deserve to be a college football fan."