AC_767
Topic Author

YMX-ORY Or YUL-CDG?

Sun Jun 04, 2000 3:34 am

This summer, I'm flying from Montreal-Paris. We set the date and all, but we don't know wich airport we should depart from in Montreal, and land at in Paris. You could fly YMX-ORY with Corsair or take YUL-CDG with Air France or Air Canada. What would you pick???

Montreal-Dorval (YUL)

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Doug Bull

Montreal-Mirabel (YMX)

Click for large version

Photo © Maxime Prévost-Desjardins

Paris (CDG)

Click for large version

Photo © Alexandre Dorillat

Paris (ORY)

Click for large version

Photo © William Ronciere

slawko

RE: YMX-ORY Or YUL-CDG?

Sun Jun 04, 2000 9:02 am

If it were up to me I would fly what ever airline flies the least plastic
"Clive Beddoe says he favours competition, but his actions do not support that idea." Robert Milton - CEO Air Canada

LAXintl

RE: YMX-ORY Or YUL-CDG?

Sun Jun 04, 2000 9:12 am

The choice of airports in Paris is slightly dependant on where you are planning on staying.
CDG is located to the north of the city, and ORY to the south. ORY is closer to central Paris and serves mostly domestic and European flights plus lots of charters. CDG is more of a intercontinental airport and is a hub for Air France.
Transportation from both airports is quite easy. Air France runs a bus service from both airports to various points in the city. From both ORY and CDG you can also take the RER train to various parts of the city.
So unless you are staying close to either airport, I guess your decision should be more based on the fare and airline you rather fly.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California