UAPremierGuy
Topic Author

Panic On VS043 LGW-LAS, Severe Turbulence

Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:15 pm

Just heard this on ABC News here in the U.S., Link here:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...-crash-we-ll-crash--name_page.html

The gist of it is that a flight, a Virgin Atlantic 747, hit severe turbulence en route to LAS. A flight attendant reportedly screamed, "We'll Crash! We'll Crash," thus causing a panic on the flight. Check out the link for more details. Heads are gonna roll over this one...
It's Time To Fly!

ZakHH

RE: Panic On VS043 LGW-LAS, Severe Turbulence

Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:29 pm

Quoting UAPremierGuy (Thread starter):
A flight attendant reportedly screamed, "We'll Crash! We'll Crash," thus causing a panic on the flight.

If that is true, he or she would have the wrong job. FAs should stay calm, even if the plane was indeed about to crash.

But I recommend to handle such information with care. The source is often pax statements, and... well, no further comment needed  Wink .
Tired of a.net? Join a friendly aviation community!

stealth777

Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:30 pm

read the article but didnt state if the plane landed somewhere on the east coast or if it continued all the way to Vegas. If it occurred three hours into the flight would it not have returned back to LGW or at least continued to the nearest airport to have the plane checked over. Sounds like it was a hellish ride and experience for some if not all. Just surprised if the flight continued all the way to Vegas without a diversion.

-AB

UAPremierGuy
Topic Author

Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:39 pm

Apparently it did continue all the way according to the Independent out of GB. I would think it would have been diverted, too. I agree, though, pax. accounts leave a lot to imagination. Anybody know of similar reports of turbulence on other airlines yesterday? Haven't heard any as of yet...
It's Time To Fly!

AR385

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:05 pm

As far as she throwing a box of barf bags to the passengers, well, under the circumstances you could not really expect her to get up and graciously attend to each passenger individually. Throwing the box was a good idea given the reported severity of the turbulence.

I find it hard to believe she would have lost it like the reports say she did. These are trained professionals, and with the hundreds of hours of flight they put every year, you can pretty much expect them to have such encounters with turbulence with a certain regularity. While no one ever gets used to severe turbulence, I don't think its enough to throw a cabin crew member into a panic like that.

I've had three encounters with severe turbulence in my life. Twice in a 732 and once in a 742 and not once have I seen or heard a cabin crew member lose it. If anything, after the event, I've seen them as busy as ever, going around the cabin, checking the injured and serving sodas or juice to those who were sick. Which turns out happens to a great many, I'm surprised to say.

"Even though the fasten your seat belt sign may be turned off, please remain with your seat belt fastened during while in your seat" Why people just don't listen?

superhub

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:12 pm

Quoting AR385 (Reply 4):
I find it hard to believe she would have lost it like the reports say she did. These are trained professionals, and with the hundreds of hours of flight they put every year, you can pretty much expect them to have such encounters with turbulence with a certain regularity. While no one ever gets used to severe turbulence, I don't think its enough to throw a cabin crew member into a panic like that.

Well..It's Virgin - AS inexperienced as the name suggests! Big grin

Sorry...couldn't help it.

HBJZA

Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:27 pm

Quoting ZakHH (Reply 1):
If that is true, he or she would have the wrong job. FAs should stay calm, even if the plane was indeed about to crash.

Who can predict his/her own reaction when frightened ? You can be the most experienced F/A and loose it all in a real "danger" situation.

Quoting AR385 (Reply 4):
I find it hard to believe she would have lost it like the reports say she did. These are trained professionals

Impossible to train people until facing the reality ! Even though airlines train F/A's to all possible situation it's still some kind of acting and in a mock-up !

Mudboy

Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:32 pm

Quoting HBJZA (Reply 6):
Impossible to train people until facing the reality ! Even though airlines train F/A's to all possible situation it's still some kind of acting and in a mock-up !

I agree, try training for combat! Soldiers are trained in learning how to react and think in the worse environment known to man, but they are still human. No matter how hard you train, you never know how you will respond until that moment you think your life is about to end!!! You just hope and pray your training gets you through it!!! Same goes for anyone else whose profession can occasionally place them in harms way.

Jumpseat70

Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:26 pm

You know, I don't think they probably took this young lady up in a real plane with 300 other young ladies and put them through the "paces". Dutch rolls, touch and goes, mock severe turbulence as only a crew can do when asked.

"Back in my day" you were rolled out of bed at 4AM, thrown into a Boeing 707 and you spent a couple of hours having the "beejesus" scared out of you so you'd know what to expect.

While I believe this young lady will probably never grace the inside of a jet again, I do not blame her for her actions.

I remember one time when a Frontier F/A from Denver rode with us over the Atlantic. She was having a hard time falling asleep until we hit some turbulence. I swear she fell into a deep sleep the minute we were ordered down. I figured she was used to it since she flew over the rockies daily.
"Up, Up and away with TWA"

OPNLguy

Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:37 pm

A flight attendant reportedly screamed, "We'll Crash! We'll Crash," thus causing a panic on the flight.

Why does that scene from "Airplane" come to mind, where a line forms with everyone waiting to slap/beat/pistolwhip a female passenger that's freaking out?  Wink

"Get ahold of yourself--slap!"
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

efcar98

Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:41 pm

Quoting OPNLguy (Reply 9):
Why does that scene from "Airplane" come to mind, where a line forms with everyone waiting to slap/beat/pistolwhip a female passenger that's freaking out?

"Get ahold of yourself--slap!"

A nun comes to mind?

atco2b

Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:43 pm

Pretty scary experience. Just glad it wasn't worse for all involved.

Aircraft was G-VROM.
Hey, you want to go out for pizza and some sex? What, you don't like pizza?

nyskymasters

Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:50 pm

The whole article sounds rather "colorful" (as in embellished) to me. I don't doubt that the turbulence was probably that bad knowing first hand what the ride can be like over the Atlantic in the winter. But as to the screaming flight attendant...

If she did do this then her days are probably numbered.

Mich

Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:55 pm

F/A's are trained professionals....

So they are excused from having feeling and forbidden from showing it.

Without sounding too harsh f/a's are airborn waitresses with no specific skills other then people ability and can use a microwave. Some have a decent memory being able to go through the safety show before each flight.

The real stars of the show are the flight deck and ground crew/mechanics.
Anything more then that you are trying to justify the 500-1000$ an hour seat you are sitting in.

From a beech1900 to a 744 all f/a have been courteous and a credit to their profession in my experience but the "we'll crash" statement is not a surpise nor unexpected

pawsleykat

Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:10 pm

Quoting ZakHH (Reply 1):

Even still, what are the chances of a plane going down in turbulence? Isn't it something like 1 in a Billion or 1 in Ten Billion?
First Class passengers are my favourites. They can't get any further forward without an ATPL.

Ben330NWA

Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:22 pm

I am a flight attendant, currently on furlough status, and have been through some pretty severe turbulence. One incident comes to mind, 23DEC02. We were about an hour or so out of DTW on an A320 on our way to PDX, when we hit some normal turbulence, about code 2. We the cabin crew continued our service as normal as we usually encounter these types of bumps on every flight. About halfway through the back of the cabin the turbulence got severe. It was code 6 or code 5 for pilots, it remained this way for about 45-50 mins. We couldn't even get our service carts out of the aisle, and pax had to hold us down a few times because we couldn't run back to our jumpseats or take an empty seat as there were none. When we finally had a little break in the bumps, my co-worker and I brought our carts back to the galley, but the bumps started again, we had enough time to strap ourselves in the jumpseat before going through another round of code 6 for 20 mins. That's when the worst happened. The service cart that we didn't have time to secure, flew up and fell on me and broke my leg. The whole time that plane was just making the worst noises, it sounded like it was just going to snap in half. I was thinking, this is pretty much it, I'm dead 2 days before Christmas. But never once did I show that on my face, not even when my leg was broke and the pain was killing me. The thing is once you (the FA) freak out, that's it, you have 148 people freakin out with you and that ain't fun. Of course I was screaming bloody hell when they got me off the plane in PDX though!

viv

Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:27 pm

Quoting Ben330NWA (Reply 15):
But never once did I show that on my face, not even when my leg was broke and the pain was killing

A true professional.
Nikon D700, Nikkor 80-400, Fuji X Pro 1, Fujinon 35 f/1.4, Fujinon 18 f/2

ZakHH

Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:35 pm

Quoting HBJZA (Reply 6):
Who can predict his/her own reaction when frightened ? You can be the most experienced F/A and loose it all in a real "danger" situation.

I don't blame anyone for getting frightened in such a situation. It is a natural reaction. But if that reactions makes you freak out, F/A is just not your job. Just as Ben330NWA said.

Major kudos for your reaction! That was certainly an extreme situation. Hope your leg went better soon.
Tired of a.net? Join a friendly aviation community!

Rotate

Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:37 pm

"Loads of people were being sick and when someone shouted at the stewardess for more sick bags, she picked up a dozen and threw them across the cabin.
"It was raining sick bags. The aircraft was in chaos.

Sorry, but I find this part quite funny ...  bouncy   bouncy 

Robin

typo
ABC

777jaah

Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:50 pm

never once did I show that on my face

I've never been on a very severe turbulence, but if I ever am, I hope fa's on the flight, will be as professional as you were.

Good luck.
Next flights: AV BOG-ADZ-BOG, AV-UA BOG-IAD-ORD-IAD-BOG, BOG-FLL-BOG, LA BOG-MIA-BOG J

OPNLguy

Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:56 pm

hour or so out of DTW

45-50 mins

20 mins.

Of course I was screaming bloody hell when they got me off the plane in PDX though!

If my rough math is correct, the flight pressed on another 1:30-2:00 to PDX with you incapacitated and in great pain from a broken leg? I would have though that they'd have dropped into MSP, or some other NWA station along the way...
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

richie87

Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:58 pm

Sounds like a pretty wild ride in any event... but then- I remember reading the book from some years past called "Unfriendly skies", by the mysterious "Captain X", who wrote of various degrees of turbulence. He indicated that nobody had really been through severe turbulence and talked about it later, because nobody survived SEVERE turbulence. Hmmmm.

Ben330NWA

Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:00 am

Quoting Viv (Reply 16):

Quoting ZakHH (Reply 17):

Quoting 777jaah (Reply 19):

Thanks all, I appreciate that. But I was merely just doing my job. Even though many of my peers, especially in the US, hate to admit that we're there for service, it goes beyond that. I had kids and elderly pax looking at me, who only traveled maybe once a year. I wasn't about to make a horrible situation worse by screaming bloody murder. Instead whenever someone wanted to come to the back of the A/C and chat or hand me a sickness bag, I'd smile, make some small talk, and when they left close the curtain and SILENTLY scream my head off till we landed in PDX.

MalpensaSFO

Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:02 am

That is what one can expect from an airline that hires beauty over brains! wink 
TO FLY IS TO SERVE

willo

Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:03 am

Quoting Mich (Reply 13):
Without sounding too harsh f/a's are airborn waitresses with no specific skills other then people ability and can use a microwave

That is probably one of the most banal statements I have read here. I just hope you never have the need of the services of one of these "microwave dollies" to get you out a plane in a hurry. I guess you've forgotten the Toronto incident already?

spartanmjf

Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:05 am

I guess that there are reasons why they're not the "World's Favourite Airline."
"Nuts to the man in 21D!"

gttib

Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:07 am

To quote Mich:
"Without sounding too harsh f/a's are airborn waitresses with no specific skills other then people ability and can use a microwave. Some have a decent memory being able to go through the safety show before each flight."

How dare you make such a broad and inaccurate generalisation about the people which make the industry such a safe one? Granted, the flight deck and ground crews who look after aircraft are responsible for the safe operation of the aircraft, but when the s*** hits the fan, its the cabin crew which make the difference. Think AF A340 evacuated before it went up in flames in Toronto. It was the cabin crew who made that possible. If we were just "airborne waitresses" and "can only use a microwave" then there would be an awful lot of dead people on the end of that runway. It's been proven time and again that effective and assertive cabin crew skills affect the lives of the people on board those aircraft in the event of an emergency evacuation.

Ben330NWA

Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:08 am

Quoting OPNLguy (Reply 20):
If my rough math is correct, the flight pressed on another 1:30-2:00 to PDX with you incapacitated and in great pain from a broken leg? I would have though that they'd have dropped into MSP, or some other NWA station along the way

Yes this was an issue that my crew brought back to the pilots, who were completely busy with the A/C at the time. When NWA found out that it was an employee who was hurt, they asked the pilots to continue on to PDX. My crew consistently called the flight deck to the point where they wouldn't answer. The problem was, as I was told later by a manager friend of mine, that they were probably thinking that I just wanted Christmas off. If fact, the plane was so badly damaged by turbulence that it had to go to the hanger in PDX. But the next morning, even though I had spent the entire night in the ER and had a cast put on, NWA crew scheduling still called and asked if I would work the flight back to DTW as their were no other crew members legal. I didn't work it, I couldn't. When they finally brought me back to base, they INSISTED that I see a company doctor even though I had a cast put on in PDX. It still amazes me to this day.

FlyDeltaJets

Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:13 am

How someone reacts during a panic situation is not based on how much training they have it is their mental state at the time of the occurance and their personailty. As always stress levels come into play also.
The only valid opinions are those based in facts

fbgdavidson

Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:24 am

Quoting AR385 (Reply 4):
I find it hard to believe she would have lost it like the reports say she did.

Quoting Pawsleykat (Reply 14):
Even still, what are the chances of a plane going down in turbulence? Isn't it something like 1 in a Billion or 1 in Ten Billion?

Exactly. I find it hard to believe someone who flies for a living would come out with such a statement....but then this is the Daily Mirror, and the statement below is quite true Big grin

Quoting MalpensaSFO (Reply 23):
That is what one can expect from an airline that hires beauty over brains! 

Quoting Mich (Reply 13):
Without sounding too harsh f/a's are airborn waitresses with no specific skills other then people ability and can use a microwave. Some have a decent memory being able to go through the safety show before each flight.

Hmmm. Maybe you should listen to the 'We are primarily here for your safety' bit next time you end up on an airplane...
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

aircanl1011

Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:25 am

I don't think any of us can really know how we will react in a time like that. It is easy to say that a true professional would stay calm, but you never really know. I think there is a difference between staying calm during a situation that may be scary but you know you will survive, than being in a situation that makes you feel like you may die.

The flight attendant should not have yelled this out as she did not know this to be true, she let her emotions get the better of her. She will probably have to reconsider her choice of profession if not made to do so by the company.

If I were on that plane I would have needed clean underpants as well as a vomit bag, so I will not judge the actions of those involved. I would also want to know when the next bus leaves from LAS to LGW?.

I'm glad everyone is okay.
CYMRU AM BYTH / WALES FOREVER

OPNLguy

Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:28 am

Quoting Ben330NWA (Reply 27):
But the next morning, even though I had spent the entire night in the ER and had a cast put on, NWA crew scheduling still called and asked if I would work the flight back to DTW as their were no other crew members legal. I didn't work it, I couldn't. When they finally brought me back to base, they INSISTED that I see a company doctor even though I had a cast put on in PDX. It still amazes me to this day.

Instead of a Christmas card, you probably should have sent them a copy of the X-ray of your broken leg...

wdleiser

Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:33 am

Quoting UAPremierGuy (Reply 3):
Apparently it did continue all the way according to the Independent out of GB. I would think it would have been diverted, too. I agree, though, pax. accounts leave a lot to imagination. Anybody know of similar reports of turbulence on other airlines yesterday? Haven't heard any as of yet...

My stepmom was working a flight from Frankfurt to Houston and while over Little Rock they hit severe clear air turbulence which pitched the wings 45 degrees so the plane was some what flying on its side. The Captain and F/O decided to continue on to Houston as it was only an hour and a half away.

After they landed, the plane was towed over to a hangar and X-rayed where it had some stress fractures inside.

bond007

Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:33 am

Quoting AIRCANL1011 (Reply 30):
It is easy to say that a true professional would stay calm, but you never really know.

No, a true professional would'nt have screamed "we'll crash, we'll crash".

Sure we are all human, but she's in the wrong job if she really did do that. Suppose they DID crash and she had to help evacuate a burning plane...she probably would have been useless.

If I were on that plane I would have needed clean underpants as well as a vomit bag,

Sure, but you are not a F/A and don't have to be in control.

BTW, I assume the number of crashed caused by turbulence alone is extremely small.

Jimbo
I'd rather be on the ground wishing I was in the air, than in the air wishing I was on the ground!

captainstorck

Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:49 am

I do not understand why, if the turbulence was so severe, the pilots kept the aircraft at the same altitude rather than utilizing PIREPs from aircraft ahead that had used on a similar path to find smoother air. Typically the strength of turbulence can vary greatly with 2000 feet of altitude change (or even less...)

Andrew

LPLAspotter

Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:52 am

I have a scar on my right ear from getting my head smashed by a flying cart when our Zambia Airways 737-200 tried to penatrate a thunderstorm over the Mozambique channel near Madagascar en route to Mauritius (Dec '83). Saint Elmo's Fire on the wings and a nose dive and not a peep out of everyone. I think it was like we were in suspended animation - very hard to describe. My ear didn't even hurt until I had stitches put in it in Mauritius. The crew acted like it was a normal flight, however ever since then I get uneasy during turbulence and always always keep my belt fastened.

LPLAspotter
Nuke the Gay Wales for Christ

tjc2

Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:55 am

Quoting Mich (Reply 13):

Rediculous.

On a trip to SEA from LHR, (well I visited Seattle too, and the boeing everett plant. didnt just stay in the airport) on the return journey just at the southern tip of Greenland we encountered some pretty rough turbulence. I have been flyling long haul for about 13 years and only really felt truely uncomfortable on this occasion. It is only when you really think what could happen that one tends to let the emotions get the better of you.
The only time I made a mistake was when I thought I was wrong...

MalpensaSFO

Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:05 am

Quoting Spartanmjf (Reply 25):
I guess that there are reasons why they're not the "World's Favourite Airline."

Even the "World's Favourite Airline" is not the "World's Favourite Airline" anymore...  wink 
TO FLY IS TO SERVE

aircanl1011

Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:17 am

Quoting Bond007 (Reply 33):
No, a true professional would'nt have screamed "we'll crash, we'll crash".

I believe I said that she was wrong for saying that!!!!!

The flight attendant should not have yelled this out as she did not know this to be true
CYMRU AM BYTH / WALES FOREVER

iberiadc852

Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:31 am

Quoting Viv (Reply 16):
But never once did I show that on my face, not even when my leg was broke and the pain was killing

A true professional.

Of course I was screaming bloody hell when they got me off the plane in PDX though!

A true professional.

(Sorry, I thought this part expressed it better  Smile )
variety is the spice of life; that's what made the "old times" so good

TheRedBaron

Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:48 am

I have been to "almost" severe turbulence and been involved in 2 emergency landing situations, the crew have been fantastic...

The first time I had an emergency situation was from Orlando to Miami on Pan Am (yeah, many many years ago) the darn landing gear did not come out, Everything was calm and I saw the FO walk down the aisle (wrench in hand), and I knew there was a problem. I was seated in the forst cattle class row and I could see 4 pilots in first ( non rev) very nervous but not making any noise, after a 45 minutes ourdeal (and some fuel dumping) they took the 727 down and every procedure was explained all very calm and profesional, but the atmosphere was like sugar glass any hint of screaming or such and we all knew all hell would break loose, I remember rather vividly the hand of the Non rev pilot closest to me that was holding his seat firmly and the drop of sweat on the side of the hand rest!!!

A year exactly later I made the same trip and I GOT the same airplane I LOST IT...I got there with all my might and convincing myself and 30 minutes into the flight I went into Twiligh Zone mode.......They even offered me a pill!!! So its easy to be judgemental when you are in your chair in TERRA FIRMA, but at 35 thousand feet, if you loose it... YOU GO BERZERK.

I have experienced Turbulence of the kind that you think " Good thing I was strapped, because I would have a big bump in my head", I remember one Mexicana flight when we ended flying at 23 000 feet to avoid the horrible things above Fl 25....

Regards TRB
The best seat in a Plane is the Jumpseat.

tsaord

Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:50 am

Glad everyone made it through! Coming from a still nervous flyer, passengers on aircraft look to F/A's to sense if anything is indeed wrong! If the F/A's can remain as calm as possible it will make the passengers feel a sense of comfort since they are not in control of the airplane and dnot know whats going on.
there are icons, then there are legends, then there is rick flair

cyclonic

Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:01 am

Quoting Redneckslim (Reply 34):
I was on a Soul Plane flight from Watts to Oakland, we hit mega stupid turbulence over stockton, and all the sudden I'll be damed if Ike Turner himself didn't get up out his seat, and start pimp slappin' everyone!

*LMAO*!!!
Keith Richards: The man that Death forgot...

UAXDXer

Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:05 am

Quoting Redneckslim (Reply 34):
I was on a Soul Plane flight from Watts to Oakland, we hit mega stupid turbulence over stockton, and all the sudden I'll be damed if Ike Turner himself didn't get up out his seat, and start pimp slappin' everyone!

laughing   laughing   laughing   laughing 
I think I was on that flight!

Quoting CaptainStorck (Reply 35):
I do not understand why, if the turbulence was so severe, the pilots kept the aircraft at the same altitude rather than utilizing PIREPs from aircraft ahead that had used on a similar path to find smoother air. Typically the strength of turbulence can vary greatly with 2000 feet of altitude change (or even less...)

Altitude changes are the first thing a captain would try when undar radar control over land. However, while flying out over the North Atlantic in a non radar enviroment the process of changing altitude requires much more than just asking the controller.
It takes a bug to hit a windsheild but it takes guts to stick

TinkerBelle

Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:20 am

Quoting Stealth777 (Reply 2):
ead the article but didnt state if the plane landed somewhere on the east coast or if it continued all the way to Vegas. If it occurred three hours into the flight would it not have returned back to LGW or at least continued to the nearest airport to have the plane checked over.

Quoting UAPremierGuy (Reply 3):
Apparently it did continue all the way according to the Independent out of GB. I would think it would have been diverted, too.

I don't think they should divert just because of turbulence. Now if the turbulence led to other issue e.g. injured passengers and such, then they may divert.
If you are going through hell, keep going.

GatwickA320

Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:36 am

Quoting MICH:

Quote:

Well...... I personally and I'm sure many others will take great offence to that remark. You obviously have a grudge against cabin crew. You may not be aware of the intensity of training that goes into the job (I'm on my 2nd airline training course and I've only just got time to write this!) You quote "without sounding too harsh" - well I'm afraid "harsh" would be a lot more accurate! The role of the F/A has somewhat changed since recent events as I'm sure you're well aware.

I have a degree in computing. I have "specific skills" that you claim I lack. I can use a hell of a lot more than a microwave (oh by the way, aircraft don't have micowaves on them) I, like many other F/A's would like to become a pilot, but I simply cannot afford the training. However I love the job I do, I wouldn't change it for anything. So I suggest before making sweeping claims like the one you made, you research the diverse cultures and backgrounds that cabin crew actually come from. I have never met so many interesting people with such open minds.

cityairline

Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:23 am

Sounds like a hell of a ride!

469 pax and crew (which means about 450 pax)...now that's a good load...  Wink

This LGW-LAS flight is daily isn't it?
I don't fly to live, I live to fly...

IAHAAPLATINUM

Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:31 am

Quoting Mich (Reply 13):
F/A's are trained professionals....

So they are excused from having feeling and forbidden from showing it.

Can we have a dis-respected users list? While I'm all for everyone having their opinion, and I do my best to respect others, this stement is totally without knowledge or thought! Knowing how to smile and work a microwave will not get you an FA position. Let's hope that you're never in the circumstance to see how well they can deal with crisis when it occurs!

semsem

Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:32 am

For people to vomit it must have been terrible. On my last flight on Aer Lingus we had turbulence also for about 2 hours over the Atlantic and it was very unpleasant. It frightens me though they say it's not really dangerous.
My sister on her last flight on Czech said there was turbulence for 6 hours on the atlantic and it was also awful.

Elton

Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:48 am

We all know how the press can "embellish" facts ....one person sick can become a plane full of vomiting passengers......etc......

I have never seen a F/A act that way, and don't believe it happened like the article says, there must be more to the story.

My hat is off to the F/As for some of the jerks they have to be nice to.

E