BA777
Topic Author

Quick Easyjet Question

Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:48 am

Hi guys,

Off to AMS this Saturday (4th March) with U2 from LTN and was wondering about some conflicting schedules I've seen around. Both Amadeus and the Schiphol.nl flight status utility show EZY2155 as a 73G which is great, but for flight EZY2166 AMS-LTN it shows as a 733 on Amadeus and a 73G on Schiphol.nl - can anyone please confirm which it is at all?

Also with EZY's boarding groups, how long should I be at the airport if I want to be in the first groups? Considering the flight goes at 6.20am  yawn 

TIA

Henry

gilesdavies

RE: Quick Easyjet Question

Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:58 am

The 737´s at Luton are mixed with both 737-300´s and 737-700´s, so it is almost impossible to know what type you will be flying on.

If there is someone working for easyjet on-line they maybe able to tell you the day before by checking their systems, but easyJet rotate the aircrafts around and never stick to the same types out of Luton unlike other bases which are all A319 fleets.

I flew easyJet to Madrid from Luton on Sunday and flew one of their ex-Go aircraft G-IGOS, and to be fair the aircraft was fine. They had fitted the easyJet seats into the aircraft and was clean not showing it´s age in the slightest. The only one problem they had was one of the rear toliets was out of action but this didnñt cause any major problems.

I got to the airport 2hrs 20mins before take off and was passenger number five for my flight to check in, if that gives you an idea how soon you need to check in if you want to be in group A to check in - which is the first 30 passengers.

BA777
Topic Author

Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:39 am

Thanks for the reply, OAG seem to say the same as Amadeus so maybe I should just go with that then?

Henry

planesarecool

Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:09 am

Quoting Gilesdavies (Reply 1):
The only one problem they had was one of the rear toliets was out of action

Don't tell Orion737 that  Wink

I usually check in 2 hours before my flight for easyJet, but i've never flown out of any of the London airports on them - just into London.

As for the aircraft, it's probably a B737-300. OAG are usually very reliable.

Rick767

Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:28 am

You will need to be there 2+ hours before to get into the first boarding group.

Still showing 36 seats free but there will still be a substantial group who will have checked in by 04:30, even on an AMS, especially at the weekend.

Will try to find out the a/c assigned.
I used to love the smell of Jet-A in the morning...

BA777
Topic Author

Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:43 am

Thanks  Smile Good job I've got an understanding Mum Big grin

Henry

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos