cpos

BOS - Terminal Change

Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:03 am

In preparation for the renaming of the International terminal (currently Terminal E) to Terminal D, Mass Port has changed the designation of FL's "micro terminal" to be part of Terminal C. Now Logan has Terminals A, B, C, and E.

http://www.massport.com/about/press_news_termsi.html

afay1

RE: BOS - Terminal Change

Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:06 am

I am predicting all 200 signs will be changed one at a time over the course of several months, and even when replaced, will not neccesarily point in the right direction. The Amazing Race should have an episode where people try and follow the signs from central parking to terminal B. They are allowed to ask personnel questions as they don't know or don't care!

cpos

Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:10 am

LOL!!! Then they should be forced to find any of the economy lots.

Shamrock133

Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:19 am

I like the idea of having only four terminals.....AirTran does not deserve their own mini-terminal anyways.
"Shamrock 132, runway 4L cleared for takeoff"

PHLBOS

Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:49 am

IIRC, wasn't the current Terminal D originally considered (though not necessarily designated) part of Terminal E? I believe that the 3 FL gates were originally designated as E1C, E1D, & E1E. The E prefixes were dropped about a year or two ago (gates now are designated 1C, 1D & 1E).

With this new change, will the gates be once again renumbered?
"TransEastern! You'll feel like you've never left the ground because we treat you like dirt!" SNL Parady ad circa 1981

SNATH

Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:00 am

Quoting Cpos (Thread starter):
In preparation for the renaming of the International terminal (currently Terminal E) to Terminal D,

I didn't actually know they were doing this... What's the point?

Tony
Nikon: we don't want more pixels, we want better pixels.

Cubsrule

Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:45 am

Quoting Afay1 (Reply 1):
I am predicting all 200 signs will be changed one at a time over the course of several months, and even when replaced, will not neccesarily point in the right direction.

I was actually at Logan today, and it seems that the majority (all those that I saw, actually) were changed. The signs in Concourse E say that the small security checkpoint leads to E1A-E1E.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

MarshalN

Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:02 pm

You mean it's not going to take 20 years like the big dig? WOW

Seriously, Logan's got problems. Last time I was there to pick someone up, they ran out of basically all parking spaces

SpruceMoose

Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:08 pm

Quoting PHLBOS (Reply 4):
IIRC, wasn't the current Terminal D originally considered (though not necessarily designated) part of Terminal E? I believe that the 3 FL gates were originally designated as E1C, E1D, & E1E. The E prefixes were dropped about a year or two ago (gates now are designated 1C, 1D & 1E).

That would make sense. The lower E gates (used by JetBlue before they moved to C) and the D gates seemed like part of the same arc of building.
As of Thanksgiving you could walk from D to those lower E gates, and then on up to the international part of E, all without leaving security.

What I can't recall is whether there were only two lower E gates (E1A and E1B), or if there were five (E1A - E1E). If it's the latter, then...

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 6):
The signs in Concourse E say that the small security checkpoint leads to E1A-E1E.

that could be the same old sign. It's been about a year and a half since I've flown out of those E gates, though, so I could easily be mistaken.
It flew at an altitude of six feet for a distance of four and a half feet. Then we discovered rain makes it catch fire.

COERJ145

Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:32 pm

Quoting SpruceMoose (Reply 8):
What I can't recall is whether there were only two lower E gates (E1A and E1B), or if there were five (E1A - E1E). If it's the latter, then...

I remember flying ATA out of BOS back in '03, and our gate was E1C, next to the airtran gates, so yes, there were five.

Cubsrule

Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:05 am

Is FL checkin and baggage claim in Terminal C with UA and the others or is it somewhere separate?
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

PHLBOS

Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:34 am

As of Thanksgiving you could walk from D to those lower E gates, and then on up to the international part of E, all without leaving security.

To the best of my knowledge, that's been the case for at least 2 years.

There are a total of five gates (E1A-E1E) but they're separated into 2 groups of 2 (E1A-E1B) and 3 (now 1C, 1D & 1E) respectively. Gates 1C-1E are presently considered gates for Terminal D.

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 10):
Is FL checkin and baggage claim in Terminal C with UA and the others or is it somewhere separate?

FL's check-in & baggage claim (at least since last October when I was last there) is still in a separate space near the Terminal D security check-point (which only has one lane).

Quoting COERJ145 (Reply 9):
I remember flying ATA out of BOS back in '03, and our gate was E1C, next to the airtran gates

E1C (now called 1C) has been a FL gate for some time since then. It did briefly share it w/B6 last year.

[Edited 2006-03-02 18:35:50]
"TransEastern! You'll feel like you've never left the ground because we treat you like dirt!" SNL Parady ad circa 1981

airbazar

Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:53 am

Quoting Afay1 (Reply 1):
I am predicting all 200 signs will be changed one at a time over the course of several months, and even when replaced, will not neccesarily point in the right direction.

They didn't seem to have a problem changing the signs when Terminal A came online and that included entire Airlines moving so why would this minor change cause any problems?

navairjax

Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:45 pm

I've done alot of flying out of terminal C and for years there has always been a sign for FL inside the terminal's departure lobby near the stairs next to the UA counter. It was probably placed there to direct people coming through there from central parking, which doesn't have a walkway to D.

chrisnh

Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:47 pm

"Seriously, Logan's got problems. Last time I was there to pick someone up, they ran out of basically all parking spaces"

C'mon! Those Massport hacks are smart hacks! They're capitalists/extortionists extraordinaire! They understand the laws of supply and demand better than most. How else to extort $100/day in parking except to take average demand and only supply 70% of it! Einsteins over there at Massport...Einsteins!

All aboard for the next B&B cruise! Tooot-Tooot!

Chris in NH

B752OS

Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:05 am

Quoting ChrisNH (Reply 14):
"Seriously, Logan's got problems. Last time I was there to pick someone up, they ran out of basically all parking spaces"

C'mon! Those Massport hacks are smart hacks! They're capitalists/extortionists extraordinaire! They understand the laws of supply and demand better than most. How else to extort $100/day in parking except to take average demand and only supply 70% of it! Einsteins over there at Massport...Einsteins!

All aboard for the next B&B cruise! Tooot-Tooot!

You can call them whatever you like, the fact is that BOS keeps growing every year in terms of passengers. So people in the area do not seem to mind how these "hacks" and "extortionists" run their airport. I find it funny you chose to call them capitalists like its a bad thing. In fact most of you Massport bashing posts get very old and are quite funny to read how shallow they are.

LH423

Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:51 am

Quoting ChrisNH (Reply 14):
C'mon! Those Massport hacks are smart hacks! They're capitalists/extortionists extraordinaire!...All aboard for the next B&B cruise! Tooot-Tooot!

You really need to get over the booze cruise incident. That was like six years ago and the guy responsible resigned. Let it go!

Of course, things weren't helped much by the fact that the woman who replaced him became symbolic of the cronyism that plagues Massport.

Believe me, do a search and you'll see that I'm no fan of Massport. In fact, I have more right to complain because I work at the airport and deal with Massport's inefficiencies on a daily basis. However, if you think that if Manchester could get away with charging what Logan does and not to be good for the consumer I've got a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you. Airports like PVD and MHT NEED incentives like cheap parking to woo people to use the airports and in the late-90s and, now once again that Logan's numbers are back to where they were in 2000, they've started again their program of regionalization and even give information on how to use for PVD and MHT on their website (http://www.massport.com/airports/).

Damn you! You're constant whining about Massport has gone and made me defend them! gnasher  silly 

LH423
« On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux » Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

flpuck6

Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:56 am

"In 2007, Massport will complete this effort when Logan’s International Gateway is designated Terminal D. "

Pfhhhhhhh, "international gateway" ... a part from an admittedly improved immigration and customs hall (I'll believe it when it's done), I have yet to see how (the future) Terminal D can be called an international gateway.
Bonjour Chef!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos