SBN580
Topic Author

North Central Boeing 727 Image

Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:42 am

In January, HermansCVR580 asked if an image of a 727 in NC colors existed. I did not read this entry until now and am responding. I DO have a photograph of a Boeing 727 in North Central colors. It is clearly NC livery and appears to be in-flight. However, it is to me an obvious doctored photo by Boeing. Plus, sadly, it is in black and white. I bought it at the Chicago collectors show a number of years back. When I saw it, I had to have it, despite it being a fake. I think it is quite common that aircraft makers will come up with an image of what the aircraft will look like to woo a client. This must be the case with this image. I have it framed on the wall at home along with my other Hermabilia. LOL! Ahhh, if only a 727 had flown in NC colors. What a sweet sight that would have been.  cloudnine 
North Central: Good People Made Their Airline Great! FLY MD-90 POWER! Keep 'em Flying DELTA Family!

isitsafenow

RE: North Central Boeing 727 Image

Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:00 am

I have photos of 727's in Ozark and Mohawk markings and wondered if one exsised of a North Central three holer. I am making plans to go to the July show near IAD. If you come, please bring it. I and others would like to see that photo.
thx
safe  hyper 
If two people agree on EVERYTHING, then one isn't necessary.

SBN580
Topic Author

Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:30 am

Ah, sorry, not planning on going to IAD. I may go to the ORD show in April. I could just scan it in and post it on a photo posting site I am on. You could at least see it that way. I am trying to think if that is my most off beat NCA item. Probably. I have a DC-9 image in a proposed livery of NC, had it gone on and not transformed into RC. It looks very RC in design.
North Central: Good People Made Their Airline Great! FLY MD-90 POWER! Keep 'em Flying DELTA Family!

HermansCVR580

Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:34 am

I am sooooo glad it wasnt all the bath water I had been drinking Smile Hey SBN580 if you do post it let me know so that I may have a look at it. I'll be at the ORD show in April, as long as I get permission from the boss ooops I mean the wife!!!!
The right decision at the wrong time, is still a wrong decision. "Hal Carr"