skibum9

Delta Pilots MEC Authorize Strike Vote

Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:44 am

Looks like DALPA is stepping it up a notch now that their negotiations have moved to binding arbitration. Leo Moak sent out the email to the DALPA members saying that he was issuing a strike ballot. The strike ballot will open on Monday, March 6 and close on Tuesday April 4.

Time for more posturing by both parties.
Tailwinds!!!

DeltaGuy

RE: Delta Pilots MEC Authorize Strike Vote

Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:15 pm

Right on the heels of NW....it's a race to see who'll strike first it almost seems.

Good for DALPA. Maybe management will go bark up another tree for some money.

Had an idea today...since the Spirit of Delta is being retired (kind of omenous isn't it?), and since the pilots have already given 1 billion, couldn't they name 3 777's "The Spirit of Delta Pilots"?, since they pretty much have given back enough to buy 3 of em?  crowded 

DeltaGuy
"The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan

skibum9

Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:19 pm

DeltaGuy,

I figured you would be the FIRST to respond to this since you and I have done a few rounds on this topic. Can't wait to see what your roommate says about this.

In any case, and in the spirit of the retirement of 102DL, I wish the best to all the DL employees.
Tailwinds!!!

DeltaGuy

Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:37 pm

Skibum, I'm flattered  Smile

Actually Otto is on one of the last Spirit flights, he flew from Boeing Field to Dallas...so he's somewhere, lucky bastard. I'm sure he'll catch up on it tomorrow.

Cheers,
DeltaGuy
"The cockpit, what is it?" "It's the little room in the front of the plane where the pilot sits, but that's not importan

wnsocal

Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:55 pm

My prediction is this......

There will be no strike by DL or NW. Management will agin get what they want, or something real close. Somehow and someway the pilots at DL and NW will be at work.

I have heard this story too many times. First it was US and thier pilots. Then it was US and thier pilot, again! Next came UA and thier pilots. Now it's NW and DL turn. In the end it will be the same result. The company getting what they want.

Best of luck to all.

ww
Airline Nut

767-332ER

Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:01 pm

Quoting WNSOCAL (Reply 4):
My prediction is this......

There will be no strike by DL or NW. Management will agin get what they want, or something real close. Somehow and someway the pilots at DL and NW will be at work.

I have heard this story too many times. First it was US and thier pilots. Then it was US and thier pilot, again! Next came UA and thier pilots. Now it's NW and DL turn. In the end it will be the same result. The company getting what they want.

Best of luck to all.

ww

And I say to all the pilots that are working there that are unhappy...LEAVE!!! All this threat by DL pilots about if they kill the company there are so many other places to go to...well, why not just leave the company now, as opposed to killing the other 90% of us and leaving us out of a job?

I also do not (hope for my sake and the other employees) that this group does not strike. The company seems to be turning around and morphing into something good.
Twinjets...if one fails, work the other one twice as hard!!!

TL8490

Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:16 pm

Question...What is the dollar amount of the 14% cut the pilots took in December....is it close to the $300 million that Delta wants?