superhub

HKG Skyplaza - How Is It Going To Work?

Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:56 am

Last time I travelled through HKG, I noticed an advertisement on the way down to the airside automated shuttle train that those trains will connect passengers to the SkyPlaza soon.

Which led me to think: How is SkyPlaza going to work? SkyPlaza is placed on the East side of the airport, beyond the Airport Express Station which means it's closer to the unrestricted part of the terminal building than the restricted (post-passport-control) part. I have noticed that they are going to put check-in counters in SkyPlaza which suggests that unrestricted people can enter that building. But then if the airside shuttle trains start taking post-passport-control passengers there, then isn't that going to mix the two together?

So is SkyPlaza going to be divided into two areas? One for restricted pax and one unrestricted? If so, are restricted passengers really going to take the trouble to go all the way there?

N754PR

RE: HKG Skyplaza - How Is It Going To Work?

Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:36 am

Different trains I guess! Some go from the New T2 to airside, the others just do what they are doing now.

Cant wait for it to open, loads of new shops, cinema and a viewing deck (Dont think it wil be great but at least its something!)
Bush, your a sad, sad man.

superhub

RE: HKG Skyplaza - How Is It Going To Work?

Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:51 am

Quoting N754PR (Reply 1):
Different trains I guess! Some go from the New T2 to airside, the others just do what they are doing now.

Cant wait for it to open, loads of new shops, cinema and a viewing deck (Dont think it wil be great but at least its something!)

I see, so there will be another passport control placed there?

I am not sure why they call it T2 though, it doesn't seem like there are going to be planes parked there.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos