Humberside
Topic Author

Norfolk-Kent International Flghts Possible

Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:44 pm

Quote:
Plana for new direct flights from this part of Virginia to Kent Airport could get the go-ahead by the end of this month. The flights would take place at least once weekly from May 2007 to October 2007 - coinciding with the peak of 400th anniversary events for the Jamestown settlement. The flights could become permanent after that, if there's enough demand.

For several months, a London-based consulting firm has been conducting a feasibility study on the flights on behalf of two clients, Kent County Council in England and the Norfolk Airport Authority. Tony Freudmann, chairman of the consulting firm, FT International Ltd, said: 'If both parties say 'Yes' (to the plan), there will be a series of interesting announcements in the next few weeks.'

Travel'ers could expect pay about £300 ($500) for economy coach seats or about £700 ($1200) for business class seats. The 3800-mile flight from Norfolk to Kent International Airport - which is about 60 miles east of London and was once known as Manston airbase - takes about 8½ hours.

Monarch Airlines, the UKs largest independent charter airline, is the most likely carrier for the route

http://www.uk-airport-news.info/kent-airport-news-040306.htm

Appologies if posted before. I did a quick search but couldn't find anything
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

Vasu

RE: Norfolk-Kent International Flghts Possible

Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:26 am

I've seen this too...

Whoever came up with this idea?  crazy 

They didn't manage to fill seats on EUjet flights from Kent to major European leisure destinations, so I worry how they'll fill flights from Kent to Norfolk, Virginia!

kaputt

Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:04 am

Well it would be nice to spot some International Traffic here in Norfolk...

But I can't think of any reason for people to buy tickets for this flight.
Carpe the Diem...Seize The Carp

fbgdavidson

Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:16 am

I was shown this in the Williamsburg Daily Press yesterday and it seems like identical wording. When I was first told by my girlfriend's mum she said it was from 'Norfolk to Kent Airport' I thought she meant New Kent Co. Airport Big grin

As a Brit living in Richmond, not far from Williamsburg and Jamestown I'm still surprised by this as a potential route. I wouldn't have thought the demand would be there.
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

Vasu

Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:50 am

Quoting Fbgdavidson (Reply 3):
'Norfolk to Kent Airport' I thought she meant New Kent Co. Airport Big grin

Conversely, when I first read it I wondered why anyone would want to fly from Kent to East Anglia!

gocaps16

Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:58 am

Quoting Fbgdavidson (Reply 3):
I was shown this in the Williamsburg Daily Press yesterday and it seems like identical wording. When I was first told by my girlfriend's mum she said it was from 'Norfolk to Kent Airport' I thought she meant New Kent Co. Airport

Monarch operating Cessna 172s from Norfolk Intl. to New Kent Co. Airport, haha. It would be nice for the Hampton Roads area to have a flight to Europe. Just need a few more and we're set instead of having to drive 3 hours to IAD.

Kevin