ATWZW170
Topic Author

US Express Ops - Who Will Focus In On This Area

Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:52 am

I know we have talked about this before but I was wondering if anyone was in the know as to when someone in Tempe will be starting to focus on express operations? Areas like ramp, image, performance...that sort of thing.

Thanks.
Success is getting what you want...happiness is liking what you get

nkops

RE: US Express Ops - Who Will Focus In On This Area

Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:15 am

I think someone in PHX (YV) should be the one focusing on the Express Ops, image, etc. It shouldn't be US problem.
:evil:

apodino

Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:18 am

Quoting Nkops (Reply 1):
I think someone in PHX (YV) should be the one focusing on the Express Ops, image, etc. It shouldn't be US problem

Maybe in the PHX hub, but in most of the East Coast Hubs the Express Ops is managed by Piedmont, not YV. And someone needs to focus on this soon in my opinion.

ATWZW170
Topic Author

Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:26 am

YV needs to stay as far away from the ramp as possible. This needs to come from someone at mainline US. It's time someone in Tempe realizes that the service provided by Piedmont is terrible.

toltommy

Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:39 am

Based on what ZW? My last 3 trips to or thru PHL had delays or cancellations on Air Willy. Trying again with a PHL connection next week. The Piedmont flights were just fine, and Piedmont employees in PHL got me rerouted quickly. That being said, since there are so many different Express carriers now, somebody at HQ should be setting common standards for service on ground and inflight. Customers don't usually know which Express operates the flight.

nkops

Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:30 am

Quoting ATWZW170 (Reply 3):
YV needs to stay as far away from the ramp as possible

I mis-read the original post... I was thinking of the PHX hub only... sorry!!! That is why I mentioned YV. I didn't realize the other hubs were that bad. Of course, PHL has always been a tough place to connect thru, especially mainline to express or vice-versa
:evil:

ATWZW170
Topic Author

Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:25 am

If you look at the delays here in PHL, they aren't because of AWAC. Can't say the same about he cxlnd flight. If a flight is delayed more than likey it was because they waited for the ground crew. Flight crew delays are very low for AWAC, highest I've ever seen them is like 20 in a day. And I'm not talking about Piedmont flights, rather the ramp crew here in PHL.

apodino

Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:01 am

Quoting ATWZW170 (Reply 6):
If you look at the delays here in PHL, they aren't because of AWAC. Can't say the same about he cxlnd flight. If a flight is delayed more than likey it was because they waited for the ground crew. Flight crew delays are very low for AWAC, highest I've ever seen them is like 20 in a day. And I'm not talking about Piedmont flights, rather the ramp crew here in PHL.

I have heard stories about a Pilot and a Gate agent having to unload the gate checked bags off an RJ because no ground crew showed up for 20 minutes after the plane pulled in. Thats unacceptable.

ATWZW170
Topic Author

Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:39 am

Oh yeah, that happens. I've seen pilots get out and bring in the plane....not a smart thing but the passengers are basically trapped. I've seen a TON of things that are stupid.