mptpa

Malaysia Airlines Service From EWR-ARN-KUL

Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:40 am

Does anyone know of how this route is doing for MAS? How is the traffic on EWR-ARNa nd ARN-KUL? What is the prognosis for this route to survive the cuts and even prosper?

The pricing is quite cheap (I checked for EWR-KUL-BKK and it was only $3440 in Business class!!)

Thx

B742

RE: Malaysia Airlines Service From EWR-ARN-KUL

Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:43 am

I think the route does very well, last summer it warrented an upgrade from the 772 to the 744!

Does anyone know whether MH will upgrade the route this summer?

I've heard rumours that MH want to start additional flights from ARN or CPH to N. America from KUL  Smile

Rob!  wave 

EddieDude

Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:08 am

I hope that MH is making money in this route because that would mean that they don't need to axe it. On the other hand, there has been speculation that MH will limit its flights to Europe to LHR, CDG and AMS, and that ARN is a possible target for cancellation, which would result in the EWR-ARN service being cancelled as well.
Next flights: MEX-LAX AM 738, LAX-PVG DL 77L, SHA-PEK CA 789, PEK-PVG CA A332, PVG-ORD MU 77W, ORD-MEX AM 738

pera

Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:22 am

Malaysian is not making money on this route.

mptpa

Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:34 am

Well, I know thi sis slated to be a B772 still upto July. I am booked on it on July 01. The flight seems to be almost full in the business class cabin, when I tried to get the seats I wanted, I had to settle for the next choice. However, I am not sure how they are doing on a year round basis.

Also I noticed the fare is quite inexpensive.

If they do cancel ARN, will that mean they will cancel EWR as well, or route through CDG or AMS? Do they have 5th freedom rights between CDG/AMS to the US? They do have a good partnership with KL for the AMS-KUL and vying to get into SkyTeam, so CDG will not be a bad idea?? What do you think??

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos