waleckdaddy

US Airways 767 Cabin

Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:04 pm

Has anyone flown on a US Airways 767? What is the cabin environment like? How are the seats in Envoy and coach? How is the IFE? I couldn't find any pictures of the inside of this plane and was just wondering how it compared to the newer A333's. Thanks everyone!!

Molykote

RE: US Airways 767 Cabin

Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:23 pm

Quoting Waleckdaddy (Thread starter):
I couldn't find any pictures of the inside of this plane and was just wondering how it compared to the newer A333's. Thanks everyone!!

It doesn't but the US A330s are beautiful machines.
Speedtape - The aspirin of aviation!

kjet12

Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:29 pm

The US 767s are really beginning to show their age. My last flight on one of them was last August SJU-PHL in Envoy, and as comfortable as the seats were (can't complain about a free upgrade), they were in dire need of some refurbishment. In addition, many of the PTVs were not working that day. All in all, they will offer you a comfortable flight with US Airways' friendly crew.

There are a few photos on the other site that we're not supposed to speak of on the forums.

Kris
AA - Doing what we do best.

fanoftristars

Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:36 pm

I flew Envoy on the 767 back in 2002, and it wasn't too bad back then. The seat adjustments are manual, and the foot rests are just so-so. The IFE had a few movies to watch, but it went in cycles. The Airbus has much better entertainment. They also provided noise canceling headphones on the Airbus.

I will differ from most people here, but I found the 767s seats to be shaped better. My legs kept falling asleep on the airbus in the upright position.

Overall, the airbus is heads and tails above US's 767s. Quieter, better entertainment, more roomy, more seat pitch, more toilets, etc etc.

I also flew coach on the 767 back in 2002, and it was looking pretty bad back then. I'm guessing it's pretty awful now.
"FLY DELTA JETS"

b6sea

Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:57 pm

Flew the 767 to VCE from PHL this past summer and I didn't think it was all that bad. No headrests or anything, pretty basic. Not bad by any means though. I would say it's merely a seat with so/so legroom and isn't that special, although I wouldn't go as far as to call it bad because it's not, meal wasn't horrible either although the IFE could use an upgrade to something similar to the A330s, the big tv screens aren't very convenient for most viewers especially in the day and age of PTVs. Overall ranking=Average. Maybe I got lucky though...

-Chans