tombezza

EasyJet Announce 10 New Routes

Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:34 pm

Further expansion from easyJet:

https://www.easyjet.com/EN/News/ten_new_routes_five_new_cities.html

As predicted, Split and Bordeaux are there.

BestWestern

RE: EasyJet Announce 10 New Routes

Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:38 pm

Edinburgh-Alicante <- poor old globespan

Paris Orly-Ajaccio <- Very interesting development
You are 100 times more likely to catch a cold on a flight than an average person!

gkirk

Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:40 pm

EDI-ALC 1 x weekly  rotfl 
I see there is still no new routes for NCl though  Yeah sure
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

HBDAN

Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:53 pm

U2 is really opening lots of new routes! That's great, every single destination is welcomed! But what does FR do? After the expansion at DUB no other routes were announced! Time for them to react...

Regards,
HBDAN
Next flight: hopefully soon...

cornish

Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:55 pm

Quoting BestWestern (Reply 1):

Yes that's the one that caugh tmy eye most of all - wonder how AF will react to a move in on what is likely to be considered sacred turf to them.....
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

squirrel83

Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:23 pm

What are the chances of this only becoming a holiday (SEASONAL). . HA!
A346, 7E7, 747, 777, Sonic Cruiser

Joost

Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:31 pm

Quoting HBDAN (Reply 3):
But what does FR do? After the expansion at DUB no other routes were announced! Time for them to react...

Ryanair had some trouble with the deliveries of their new 737-800s, as a result of the strikes at Boeing. Many routes already announched, like the ones to be flown by the second aircraft at EMA and PSA, have been postponed as a result of this. I suppose they have postponed their new route development as a whole for a couple of weeks, so it will be in line with Boeing deliveries again.

BestWestern

Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:39 pm

Quoting Joost (Reply 6):
Ryanair had some trouble with the deliveries of their new 737-800s, as a result of the strikes at Boeing. Many routes already announched, like the ones to be flown by the second aircraft at EMA and PSA, have been postponed as a result of this.

That is the excuse. Its lack of pilot hours that have resulted in start-up delays.

Quoting Cornish (Reply 4):
wonder how AF will react to a move in on what is likely to be considered sacred turf to them

This is a huge high volume, low yield leisure route, and perfect for a LCC. I could see this being at least x4 daily if EZY had the slots at ORY.
You are 100 times more likely to catch a cold on a flight than an average person!

Joost

Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:41 pm

Quoting BestWestern (Reply 7):

That is the excuse. Its lack of pilot hours that have resulted in start-up delays.

It's not that I don't believe you, but what's your source for this?

AirWales

Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:42 pm

Cant wait to fly one the new routes out of Bristol. Would love a few more flights to Southern Italy and Scandanivia to be launched out of Bristol!

cornish

Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:43 pm

Quoting BestWestern (Reply 7):
This is a huge high volume, low yield leisure route, and perfect for a LCC. I could see this being at least x4 daily if EZY had the slots at ORY.

Getting the slots being a big IF of course  Wink

Absolutely right though - a perfect route if they can get established on it. During the summer in the past, haven't AF even used 747s on the run  Wow!
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

Joost

Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:46 pm

Quoting AirWales (Reply 9):
Would love a few more flights to Southern Italy and Scandanivia to be launched out of Bristol!

Didn't they used to fly BRS-CPH in the past?

cornish

Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:52 pm

Quoting Joost (Reply 11):
Didn't they used to fly BRS-CPH in the past?

That was one of the old GO routes they inherited I believe.

However easy have pulled some of their CPH routes, citing high charges at the airport.

Scandinavia is very much Ryanair territory however. easyJet's presence is non-existent, save for a limited presence at CPH.

BestWestern

Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:54 pm

AF still offer 744 service to AJA in the summer

AF7568 ORY AJA 1130 105 744

GLAGAZ

Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:11 pm

:O What!!?? lol

I'm sure GSM will be quaking in their boots at the prospect of 1x weekly ALC from EZY versus their daily ALC and daily MJV.

Gaz
Neutrality means that u don't really care cos the struggle goes on even when ur not there, blind and unaware

BestWestern

Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:16 pm

Quoting GLAGAZ (Reply 14):
I'm sure GSM will be quaking in their boots at the prospect of 1x weekly ALC from EZY versus their daily ALC and daily MJV.

They should be. I know you dont see EasyJet as a significant GSM competitor, but EZY arriving on a route restricts GSM's ability to hike prices. This wont stay as x1 weekly for very long.

BDKLEZ

Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:21 pm

Quoting GLAGAZ (Reply 14):

They should be; their monopoly is no longer the case, and you can rest assured that if the 1x weekly service is a success, which it will be, then GSM may find themselves up against EZY on many more routes.
Trespassers will be shot; survivors will be shot again!

GLAGAZ

Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:47 pm

Quoting BDKLEZ (Reply 16):
then GSM may find themselves up against EZY on many more routes.

GSM have a get out clause though if that did turn out to be the case. A little thing called "Long Haul"...

Gaz
Neutrality means that u don't really care cos the struggle goes on even when ur not there, blind and unaware

gkirk

Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:49 pm

Quoting GLAGAZ (Reply 17):
GSM have a get out clause though if that did turn out to be the case. A little thing called "Long Haul"...

Fantastic, a LCC going long haul, something which has been proven in the past that just does not work  Wink
GSM go bust in 5....4...

BDKLEZ

Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:51 pm

A little thing called "Long Haul"...

Yeah right then, OK!  sarcastic 

cornish

Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:59 pm

And indeed at the moment it is a "little thing." They will have to make a success of their long haul operation first and grow it to more than a couple of flights to Florida before it becomes a get out clause....

GLAGAZ

Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:09 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 20):
And indeed at the moment it is a "little thing." They will have to make a success of their long haul operation first and grow it to more than a couple of flights to Florida before it becomes a get out clause....

Well with 10 767's planned for the next few years I would like to think it will be a success.

EZY will still struggle against GSM in Scotland as regards outbound flights, but for the inbound flights they will most likely become the popular choice.

Gaz

atco2b

Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:16 pm

Is there any possible expansion from Bournemouth for Easy?

Anyone know how their new Bournemouth - Geneva route is doing?
Hey, you want to go out for pizza and some sex? What, you don't like pizza?

GSM763

Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:34 pm

A once weekly flight to Alicante is not a worry for GSM. The daily flights to ALC from Glasgow should be more of a worry to them. GSM long haul seems to be doing well sales wise though we don't know for sire until the first aircraft
takes off.

BestWestern

Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:36 pm

Gaz, I know you dont belive Easy is a threat to GSM, but they are. Margins at airlines are wafer thin, and the smallest reduction in yield and volume tips a route from profitable to being a dog. EZY is a well known brand. If they struggle on routes, It is guarenteed that GSM will find it tougher also.

Quoting GLAGAZ (Reply 21):
EZY will still struggle against GSM in Scotland as regards outbound flights

Just like they struggled against GSM to London from Scotland?

lehovec

Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:58 pm

I work for EZY at STN and as much it's great for EZY to expand, most of us at STN are sad to see that all new routes are going to LTN and LGW.  Sad
I do hope that once unsucessful negotiations with PUY airport will be renewed and STN will get this route.
At the moment no any rumors about possible STN new routes within the crew room. Anybody heard anything about STN expansion?

BDKLEZ

Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:07 pm

Quoting Lehovec (Reply 25):
most of us at STN are sad to see that all new routes are going to LTN and LGW.

I see your point, but STN is self sufficient at the moment. LGW with it's larger catchment area is still manoeuvering into position, and LTN will see more expansion over the next year or so as the other bases transfer to the Airbus fleet. LTN will, for the foreseeable future, remain a B737 base with no plans to transfer it's ops to Airbus. The majority of B737's will eventually be LTN based as Airbus deliveries continue and other bases convert.

ScottishLaddie

Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:44 pm

lol Waste of time more like...

Quoting BestWestern (Reply 24):
Gaz, I know you dont belive Easy is a threat to GSM, but they are. Margins at airlines are wafer thin, and the smallest reduction in yield and volume tips a route from profitable to being a dog. EZY is a well known brand. If they struggle on routes, It is guarenteed that GSM will find it tougher also.

GSM are just as well known in Scotland as EZY, certainly in the central belt anyway. Bringing in inbound tourists is certainly GSM's weakest point though.
EZY and GSM have been competing all winter to GVA from EDI, and both have been filling their flights on a regular basis, it's not a case of one has crushed the other on that route. Although EZY should have a larger share of the market due to the larger aircraft, and their name being better known in GVA.

CPH757

Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:51 am

Quoting Cornish (Reply 12):
That was one of the old GO routes they inherited I believe.

However easy have pulled some of their CPH routes, citing high charges at the airport.

Scandinavia is very much Ryanair territory however. easyJet's presence is non-existent, save for a limited presence at CPH.

I'm not sure that is was an old GO route. As far as I remember, they made heavy advertizing i the CPH area that they had started CPH-BRS and Newcastle services. Both were closed years ago however.

EZY has 3x daily flights CPH-STN and 1x daily CPH-SXF.

I hope to see more EZY flights here in CPH after the government finally have decided to remove the 10€ flight tax..
Last flight: SAW-CPH on H9 on 02/11/09 - Next Flights: 23/12/09 CPH-AAL on QI, 30/12/09 CPH-LHR on SK, 19/01/10 CPH-CDG-

GLAGAZ

Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:03 am

Gaz, I know you dont belive Easy is a threat to GSM

Wrong. I do believe they pose a threat, just not a huge one at the minute. Especially on 1x weekly routes to ALC from EDI and PMI from GLA.

Just like they struggled against GSM to London from Scotland?

Difference being that was already an EZY market. This time EZY are coming to GSM's party. Lets wait and see if they are welcome or not...  Smile

Gaz

gkirk

Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:08 am

Quoting GLAGAZ (Reply 29):
Difference being that was already an EZY market. This time EZY are coming to GSM's party. Lets wait and see if they are welcome or not... Smile

easyJet vs flyGlobespan:
My prediction:
Winner is easyJet by KO  Wink

GLAGAZ

Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:13 am

Quoting Gkirk (Reply 30):
My prediction:

We all know about your predictions Mr Kirk  Wink Or should that be Mr MYT A320... :P (A Scottish aviation group thing)

Lets have a look...EZY have said that if SXF is a success from GLA that new routes to Paris, Madrid, Barcelona and Milan will be added. Now I only see 1 GSM destination amongst those  Smile

Gaz

Rom1

Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:41 am

Bristol to Marseilles and Toulouse!! That is a very good news to me!

forget about the 3 hours in the train or 3h in bus + 1 in train to get to Gatwick!!
However Gatwick was good for spotting...

very good news!

JoKeR

Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:53 am

Quoting Lehovec (Reply 25):
I do hope that once unsucessful negotiations with PUY airport will be renewed and STN will get this route.

Hi Lehovec!

Any idea on possible routes to other former Yugoslav cities, is. BEG, ZAG, SJJ?
Kafa, čaj, šraf?

adamlaskiewicz

Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:41 am

I am very happy about the BRS-KRK service. I have been waiting a while for this route...

Poland has been top of the airport’s ‘wish list’ over the last 12 months and we are pleased that Krakow (a World Heritage City) will be our launch gateway. The increasing numbers of Poles who live in the south west have been instrumental in supporting the airport in securing this route and we look forward to the inbound tourism potential that this route will now offer.

...and by describing it as a "launch gateway" perhaps there are other new routes such as Warsaw or maybe other completely new destinations in Poland in the pipeline.

planesarecool

Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:08 am

Great news for Bristol. I'm guessing this will mean they will be getting a 9th (?) based aircraft there. They already have some of the newest A319's based there (G-EZIZ, G-EZAA and G-EZAC), and i believe all but 2 of the based aircraft are now A319's. Definately firm easyJet ground.

lehovec

Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:04 am

Quoting JoKeR (Reply 33):
Any idea on possible routes to other former Yugoslav cities, is. BEG, ZAG, SJJ?

Sorry, no any rumors about this, in my opinion we won't see BEG or SJJ for a while as there is still visa requirement and also correct me if I am wrong but Serbia and Bosnia are not in open sky agreement. Would love to fly to Surcin though.  Smile
Wizzair started flights from ZAG to LTN and I am not sure why didn't EZY start with ZAG in Croatia. I am sure they could repeat success of LJU route as ZAG would be attractive for both English tourists and Croats. Maybe this is still to come.

Humberside

Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:15 am

Quoting Atco2b (Reply 22):
Is there any possible expansion from Bournemouth for Easy?

Its seems to me that BOH-GVA and DSA-GVA where both started to try and keep TOM off those routes. Notice how they are both TOM bases and GVA is the only destination served from them.

Of course, if the GVA routes are a success, there is nothing to stop EZY adding further routes. (In the case of DSA however their NEMA base would compete with any DSA base unless EZY pulled out of NEMA)

What frequency is ORY-AJA?
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

adriaticflight

Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:21 am

Great news about Split.

Quoting Lehovec (Reply 36):
Serbia and Bosnia are not in open sky agreement

Serbia and Bosnia signed up along with Croatia Bulgaria etc. I think the visa issue is a big one. We have yet to see U2/FR fly to Romania/Bulgaria which still require a vis for UK. Serbia could well see the visa for Schengen countries liften next year, but its unlikely for UK for a while. But this expansion into Western Balkans by U2 is good news for Belgrade..which so desperatly needs cheaper links with London (i say that cos i visit alot  Wink and it really deserves to be visited by more people. Great city, lovely country)

Adriaticflight

RJ100

Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:37 am

Quoting Atco2b (Reply 22):

According to caa.co.uk there were 6279 passengers flown between Geneva and Bournemouth vv. in January and 4781 passengers flown between Geneva and Doncaster/Sheffield vv.

Assuming there is one daily flight with a 156-seat A-319 we get following average load factors (January had 31 days):

GVA-BOH-GVA: 64.9%
GVA-DSA-GVA: 49.4%

I hope my maths are correct Big grin Anyway, the routes are new so I would give them some time to develop.

Regards,
RJ100
none

Joost

Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:54 pm

Quoting Adriaticflight (Reply 38):
Serbia could well see the visa for Schengen countries liften next year, but its unlikely for UK for a while.

To quote from http://www.mfa.gov.yu/Visas/VisasR.htm (Ministery of Foreign affairs of Serbia and Montenegro)

Quote:
The visas for the entry and stay in Serbia and Montenegro up to 90 days shall be abolished for all types of travel documents for citizens of the following countries: the Federal Republic of Germany, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Great Britain, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Austria, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Monaco, Liechtenstein, Vatican, Andorra, San Marino, Israel, Cyprus, Malta, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Slovenia, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Croatia, the United States of America, Canada, Singapore, the Republic of Korea, Australia and New Zealand.

atco2b

Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:28 pm

Quoting RJ100 (Reply 39):
GVA-BOH-GVA: 64.9%
GVA-DSA-GVA: 49.4%

Thanks for the information!
Hey, you want to go out for pizza and some sex? What, you don't like pizza?

AirWales

Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:24 pm

Does anyone know the current load factor for Bristol - Valencia???

delyan

Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:18 pm

I think the visa issue is a big one. We have yet to see U2/FR fly to Romania/Bulgaria which still require a vis for UK.

There is enough traffic between Sofia and London even with visa restrictions. For example, Wizz Air flies between Sofia and Luton and I am sure that passengers do not transfer to the other airports in London and only use Luton. My point is that there is even more traffic coming from US/Canada. For example, London is the main transfer hub for everybody who flies from US/Canada to Bulgaria and the other way around.

Joost

Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:46 pm

We have yet to see U2/FR fly to Romania/Bulgaria which still require a vis for UK.

According to Excite.co.uk, Bulgaria does not require visa for stays up to 30 days for UK/Irish/Estonian visitors, other EU visitors have 90 days. I do not think that a 30 day limit drastically reduces traffic as it is enough for vacations, weekend breaks, etc.

For Romania, all EU citizens can stay for up to 90 days, except nationals of Czech Republic, Poland and Slovak Republic who can stay for up to 30 days;

http://www.excite.co.uk/travel/guide.../bulgaria/PassportVisaRequirements
http://www.excite.co.uk/travel/guide...e/romania/PassportVisaRequirements

Both countries want to join the EU already in 2007 so it would be weird if they would still require visa...

adriaticflight

Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:28 am

Quoting Joost (Reply 44):
Bulgaria does not require visa for stays up to 30 days for UK/Irish/Estonian visitors

Quoting Joost (Reply 40):
The visas for the entry and stay in Serbia and Montenegro up to 90 days shall be abolished

Hello Joost. Yes Yes, of course UK citizens don't require visas for Serbia, Bulgaria and Romania but THEIR citizens need a visa to visit us here. If i remember right the only European countries that require British citizens to have visas before they travel are Moldova, Russia and Belrus. I'm not sure if the Ukrainian suspension of visas requirements was made perminant - no doubt you'll find out.
I think this does have a huge affect on the number of people comming to work and live in UK. When Romanians and Bulgarians no longer require visas to visit the UK i'm sure we'll see boom in movement between these sttes and UK and the air capacity will increase too.

Does anyone know if Ryanair will enter Balkans in response to Easyjet's approaches?

flycro

Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:43 am

Since the temporary lifting of visa's for UK citizens was a success in the Ukraine after they won the Eurovision Song Contest it has become permanent, one of the reasons BA has increased flights to Kiev this year by introducing LGW flights.