MAH4546
Topic Author

CO/3M: FLL/TPA-MTH; MIA-PBI

Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:56 am

While not in the schedules yet, Continental Connection will be flying to Marathona, Florida once again this fall. They will offer two daily flights each to Fort Lauderdale and Tampa, and airport officials are pushing for one daily flight to Miami to connect with skyTeam's significant MIA operation (which will be under one terminal starting in February 2007), but 3M will wait and see on that. The start-up funds are being provided thanks to a SCAD grant. It was originally going to go to Delta Connection for MCO and/or ATL service, but Delta couldn't get the economics worked out (not surprisingly).

In addition, Gulfstream Air Charter, a seperate airline but still part of the same company that owns Gulfstream, will begin Continental Connection carrier service with 2x daily MIA-PBI flights sometime in June or July, using Piper aircraft. The flights will feed skyTeam services at MIA, mainly to Europe.

Article on MTH:
http://www.keysnews.com/296349314149350.bsp.htm
a.

kkfla737

RE: CO/3M: FLL/TPA-MTH; MIA-PBI

Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:41 am

Good to see Continental Connection returning to Marathon. Will these be timed to connect to CO flights only from FLL and TPA, or to DL and NW flights as well?

northwestair

RE: CO/3M: FLL/TPA-MTH; MIA-PBI

Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:21 am

I remember watching American Eagle ATR flying over head and landing in MTH while I was sitting on my Sister and her Husband's Sailboat. That was back in the early 90's
I don't care who you fly just as long as you fly