DELTA777

United Hiring Process

Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:21 am

I submitted my resume and set a date to travel to Chicago to take a personality test. What is this test like? What is the process before and after?

Thanks for the help!

D E L T A 7 7 7

ILCFII

RE: United Hiring Process

Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:59 am

What position did you apply for??

RDUDDJI

Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:48 pm

Quoting ILCFII (Reply 1):
What position did you apply for??

I kind of have to second that question... It depends on what you are interviewing for...

My first interview was at ORDEX. I never took a personality test, but I did take a writing test. Later, after I was hired, I was sent back to ORDEX for a full medical workup including EKG, bloodwork, etc.

Good luck
Sometimes we don't realize the good times when we're in them

fxramper

Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:51 pm

If you applied for CSA or ramp...expect two tests on your second interview. One will be a priority test. You are given a list of three potential customers and you need to classify their priority and explain why you did it. The next test is a simulation of a passenger trying to make a connection and he missed his flight. It's his fault and you know this, but he's an elite flyer and you have to make him happy. Be honest above all. Hope this helps.

Drew in AUS.

DELTA777

Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:05 am

Its for a CSA position. thanks for the help so far. Little nervous about the "tests". Hopefully I`ll be part of the United family!

D E L T A 7 7 7

AADC10

Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:19 am

About ten years ago for Customer Serivce, the personality test was simply some questions about a flexible vs. rigid attitude (obviously be flexible) and some role playing. The role play used to be about dealing with an irate passenger stranded due to a weather delay. The candidate is supposed to tactfully deny anything but token compensation (since the airline is not obligated to provide anything in a weather delay). They did not seem to press it as much as a real passenger would.

I understand that there was also a more difficult aptitude test which involved language competence and some other skills, but I do not know any of the details.

The tests and standards for evaluating them have probably changed over the years. This information is also second hand, so it may not be entirely accurate.

fdex727

Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:55 am

Quoting AADC10 (Reply 5):
The tests and standards for evaluating them have probably changed over the years. This information is also second hand, so it may not be entirely accurate.

As of 2003 those tests had not changed. The newest and hardest part was the physical test, having gone through football and law enforcement training this was maybe more difficult. I don't know if it was the machines used or what but of the 20 people I intervied with only myself and two others passed. Just be prepared to have some aches afterwards, good luck though as UA is a great company to work for.