Topic Author

BA To Introduce New First Class

Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:02 am

I posted an article in the following thread:
BA Announce New Two Year Business Plan (by Monkeyboi Mar 9 2006 in Civil Aviation)

but I think it warrants its own post!

Not satisfied with introducing a brand new Club World product, The Guardian reports BA are also upgrading their FIRST cabin!

In spite of the savings, Mr Walsh announced that BA intended to spend £40m developing a new first-class seat to replace its existing 2m (6ft 6in) electronically controlled flat beds produced six years ago by the interior designer Kelly Hoppen. "There's definitely a first-class market for BA - it's a good product for us," he said. "We'll be making an improvement on the cabin that already exists. Given that we're upgrading Club World, we see it as an opportunity to upgrade First Class too."

(Full article:,,1727763,00.html )

I can't wait to see BA's new products! I said it yesterday after watching the BA Investor Day Presentation and I will say it again today, BA are really not resting on their laurels - all this investment is good news for passengers. BA really do seem to be setting the standard.

RE: BA To Introduce New First Class

Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:21 am

Brilliant news! Can't wait for the products to be unveiled, anybody got any idea when?