tcxdegsy

Why Doesn't BA Offer OW Airlines On It's Website?

Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:02 am

This may have been mentioned/discussed in other threads, so apologies if so.

However, does any one know why BA doesn't offer routings incorporating OneWorld partner flights on it's website, like AA, etc does?

For example, if I wanted to fly to YYC via ORD, it just says BA doesn't fly to YYC, but I know that I could get the same route through AA.com, with BA flights to ORD, and AA connection to YYC.

Any BA guys able to give any answers/ insight?
next flights: BA1441 0566 0581 1446 EDI-LHR-MXP-LHR-EDI

oneworld1

RE: Why Doesn't BA Offer OW Airlines On It's Website?

Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:41 am

They do! If you put in LHR-AKL or LHR-KUL you get the CX optiones ex HKG, while you also get Havana via MAD with IB. You can def book it over the telephone as I did it last week using miles. LGW-DFW(BA)-AUS(AA) and vv and my email states ba507.... for the domestic sector. Were you using the UK as you're home country or another?

Feroze

Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:37 am

Quoting Oneworld1 (Reply 1):
They do!

Not always. I wanted to book a flight from LON to MJV, a route that was flown until recently from LGW by BA. No options at all are given now on ba.com, but when I looked at IB's site I was given the choice of flying via MAD or BCN on both IB and BA metal. In the end I chose the BA flights to and from BCN transferring to Air Nostrum for the last part of the journey.

By the way, I'm using the UK version of ba.com

Regards,

Feroze

oneworld1

Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:45 am

Quoting Feroze (Reply 2):

Oh I see! Sorry, I thought the OP meant codeshared flights. Thats a very good point!! But then I suppose you don't get the option to fly LHR-HEL-BKK with BA and AY. If you tried booking MAD-DUB on the IB website would you get the EI op flight (no codeshare)?

Since the first flight of the route is codeshared by both and it is the IB website, hence why IB offer both connecting to its own metal (or franchise).

You'd probably find the same if you booked MAD-SYY. You'd get the BA/IB flight to LHR then the IB codeshared (op by BA) to GLA then the BA(Loganair) op to SYY (with no codeshare). Does that make sense?