Owleye

TCA: New Caribbean Airline. Livery To Be Improved?

Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:19 am

I came across the website of Trans Caribbean Airways. Here is the livery they intend to operate:

http://www.flytca.com/assets/images/A340-300_TCA_crop.jpg

I like the overall livery design very much (inspired by Emirates?) but do you agree with me that the fuselage titles not realy fit with the modern design and need an improvement before they are going to paint it? The airline is planning to lease 4 x A319-100s for start-up this year. Plans for 22 aircraft over the next 3 years, including A319s, A320s, A330s and A340s. Flights from St. Maarten and Cura�ao to destinations in the USA.

Source: World Airline Fleets News

Regards,
OwlEye

http://www.liladesign.com

[Edited 2006-03-13 23:43:40]

cainanuk

RE: TCA: New Caribbean Airline. Livery To Be Improved?

Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:42 am

I think that this is a virtual airline at best. This has been kicked around the forums several times and their website is suspect at best. I wouldn't hold your breath for a launch date.
Cainan Cornelius

N1120A

Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:30 pm

TCA has been on the drawing board since 2001 and is about to get sued big time by the State of Louisiana
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

yellowtail

Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:42 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 2):
TCA has been on the drawing board since 2001 and is about to get sued big time by the State of Louisiana

Why?
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

aa1818

Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:20 am

Have never heard of this before. Why would anyone want to start up an airline in the Caribbean (apart from SR Branson and regional Governments that is). BWIA, JM, LIAT, DCA, Bahamas Air, Cayman Airways Air Caribbean and more have all been failures or near failures. In a market that is saturated with indigenous carriers and US airlines and charters who would want to start up an airline. I don't see this ever happening, although I would like it to happen. The Caribean skies need more variety in aircraft!! Do keep us posted as to their progree and please explain what law suit they are facing. I find it hard to believe that a non-existent carrier is facing a 'big time' lawsuit.

AA1818
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)

Tom in NO

Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:38 am

Quoting Yellowtail (Reply 3):
Why?

Fraud.....the State gave them something like a $500,000 grant to help get the airline going, and the state got nothing back....no feedback, nor reports, no nothing.

I've been saying it for five years.....I'll believe that airline exists when one of their airplane's pulls up to one of our gates.

Tom at MSY
"The criminal ineptitude makes you furious"-Bruce Springsteen, after seeing firsthand the damage from Hurricane Katrina

miamix707

Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:00 am

That's pretty bad, another white plane. With that livery, I wish they didn't start.

The Caribbean carriers are struggling but, wouldn't widebody service from different points in North America to the Caribbean have enough demand? Say the airline operated about three or four of these jets, mostly long-haul, and nonstop.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos