firiko

Atlasjet To London And Manchester?

Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:25 am

www.atlasjet.com.tr has London and Manchester on online booking system But no info regarding the routes ? what's going on have i missed something ?

bahadir

RE: Atlasjet To London And Manchester?

Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:37 pm

It could be anything.. I booked an IST-AYT return flight with them. As it is the case with every airline in Turkey their website sucks. There is no functionality to have the people to book it. I had to call Turkey to find out what credit card company I should chose to use my US credit card.

I can see Atlas trying to get into the THY's neck of the woods. Who knows, maybe they are trying to see if they will be able to run scheduled services.
Remember, the current management of Atlas have the Istanbul Airlines background. They are trying to fill the void of IL with the way they run the place..
Earthbound misfit I

firiko

Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:28 pm

Yes! From 26th March They are starting to serve london and manchester on Thursdays and Sundays. They are now bookable at atlasjet.com

emrecan

Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:56 pm

On the magazine "Jetlife" of AtlasJet; the CEO is mentioning that the target of AtlasJet is increasing their domestic and international flights around 75-80%.
They are also planning to stop charter flights in the next few years completely.

bahadir

Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:08 pm

Quoting Emrecan (Reply 3):
On the magazine "Jetlife" of AtlasJet; the CEO is mentioning that the target of AtlasJet is increasing their domestic and international flights around 75-80%.
They are also planning to stop charter flights in the next few years completely.

They have to provide much better customer service than what they are doing now then. They may be the best charter airline in Turkey now, but providing scheduled service more intense work.
To me an airline in Turkey without the backing of the government and without the charter operations sound like a tough operation to run.
I wish them best of luck, but at this day an age of internet everything, their website sucks from functionality perspective. If I was looking to buy a ticket from MAN to IST and attempted to book a flight, my experience would get me to ba.com or turkishairlines.com immediately. Both of these engines allow ticket purchases online with not a single hassle at all..

May be they should hire me as their IT guy.  Smile
Earthbound misfit I

yak42

Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:46 pm

No I cant use that website as it is because I dont know Turkish, the English part of the site does not allow you to book. Other than thet I dont know if the website has further problems with the booking process. Quite dissapointing really as I am planning a trip to Istanbul this summer and it looks like Ill have to use Easyjet. They will have to get their act together if they want these flights be a success. It would be really pathetic if one of the main reasons that the flight didnt sell was cause of their shit website. Ive told them as much in an Email.

bahadir

Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:57 pm

YAK42,
do you think that people will read that email?  Smile
Your experience was exactly my point. They have to realize that those airplanes that they will fill up IST-MAN route will need to fill up the MAN-IST route as well  Smile
Earthbound misfit I

emrecan

Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:16 am

Bahadir :

I agree with you. Their CEO also mentioned on TV 2-3 weeks ago that they are planning for IST-JFK flights with A340.
I don't know if they can...

bahadir

Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:45 am

Emrecan,
the history of aviation is full of fast expansions. I wish them well for their IST-JFK flights but going head to head with DL and TK will not work. Granted internet sales are not the highest percentage of delivery media of tickets in this route, but they will still work really really hard on customer service.
Now, if they had actually made an alliance with a partnership, like SkyTeam and put a DL codeshare on their flights, that it would be a different story.

How about IAD and making a deal with United? Can you pass this question to Tuncay when you see him ?  Smile
Earthbound misfit I

Humberside

Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:55 am

What London airport will they use?
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

firiko

Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:12 am

Quoting Humberside (Reply 9):
What London airport will they use?

Stansted is the airport